Commerical Relations Officer
- Do you have well developed commercial relations skills?
- Are you a guru in all types of financial administrative functions?
- Do you have a sound understanding of contracts?
- Keen to work in a progressive sector that provides not just job satisfaction but the ability to make a difference in the place we call home?
If that’s the case, we want to hear from you!!
The Waste & Resource Recovery Division of Tamworth Regional Council is seeking the services of a talented individual with substantial experience within the Finance and Commercial Relations Services sector. Council is expanding its services in this area by incorporating additional business functions into its existing portfolio of waste management services, and these will now also include an Organics Recycling Facility, Materials Recovery Facility and Street Sweeping portfolio. In addition to a FOGO system roll out and the establishment of a new sanitation portfolio. All these services will require strategic financial management underpinned by a strong understanding of Councils contractual obligations and level of service expectations.
You will be a key contributor in the day to day financial management of the waste services division and expected to manage key internal stakeholders on all finance-related matters. The right candidate will form part of the division’s senior leadership team and work closely with the Manager to further develop our internal financial systems and improve our existing financial management frameworks. You will be expected to coordinate tendering and procurement of goods and services, oversee financial processes and budget tracking, and aid in the delivery of the divisions corporate financial compliance.
Your experience and demonstrated understanding of business administration and accounting, including maintenance of the finance systems to meet reporting requirements, will be essential. Budget processes including forecasting, preparation and tracking of budgets, relationship building, and communication with contractors, customers, business operators, and public members will be advantageous for this role. Furthermore, experience working in the waste management sector in an administrative function is highly desirable for this position. Working in the waste industry is a rewarding role, and this position will provide you with a platform to share your commercial views concerning financial principles and processes, which underpin a well-run business unit. As a result, your strong leadership and negotiation skills will serve you well in this role.
The applicant will need to possess:-
- Diploma of Accounting or similar; or Cert IV in Business Administration;
- Experience in Contract management;
- Experience in Procurement;
- Understanding of the Waste Management sector;
- Possess expert spreadsheet capabilities;
- Demonstrated undertsanding of financial reporting functions in a business and/or waste management division;
- Drivers Licence
This position has been classified as Grade 17 with a salary range of $95,002.57 to $102,797.00 per annum for 35 hours work per week (inclusive of superannuation) and a monthly rostered day off.
We can provide
- An attractive salary commensurate with experience;
- Flexible working hours, including a 19 day month;
- Up to $5,000 for relocation assistance;
- A leaseback vehicle for private use;
- Salary sacrifice options;
- Study assistance,
- Career progression and the opportunity to work with a team of highly motivated professional engineers;
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-employment Medical Screening including Alcohol & Other Drugs Testing.
Please contact Morné Hattingh on 0402 107720 if you would like a confidential discussion about the role or if you have any questions about this position.
To apply for this position, please provide a copy of your resume and cover letter, addressing the selection criteria as listed in the position description including your experience and understanding of working in a similar commercial position. In addition, your application will include a strategy for your own onboarding, the principles, processes and techniques you would use to further develop the financial management of Councils Waste division. Detailed examples encouraged!
Applications close at 5.00pm on Wednesday 3 December 2021.
Tamworth Regional Council is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.
Planning Today for Tamworth Tomorrow – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ecpMGlJD8