Visiting Medical Officer in Psychiatry
Peel Mental Health Service
REQ234844 (apply via eCredential)
Advertising closes 18 June 2021
We are seeking applications from an experienced and committed Psychiatrist to join our team of committed Psychiatrists and provide expert psychiatric care (primarily providing a service to the Older People Mental Health Services in the New England district).
Candidates must have specialist registration with AHPRA and Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists. The VMO position requires the Clinician to be onsite in Tamworth to provide contemporary comprehensive specialist services (including outpatient and community clinics).
About the Service
Peel Mental Health Service provides inpatient and community services to the local area covering Tamworth, Gunnedah and Narrabri. Tamworth and the surrounding areas have a steadily increasing population base with good provision of inpatient services.
About the area
Tamworth is the largest inland NSW city west of the Great Dividing Range and is located approximately 400km from Sydney and 600 km from Brisbane. Tamworth is a progressive and growing city boasting lifestyle, education and employment opportunities. Find out more here.
If you are having trouble applying using the links above please copy and paste the following into your browser:
Position enquiries: Dr Anand Swamy, Acting Director of Medical Services, Hunter New England Mental Health
Ph: (02) 4033 5160 E: Anand.Swamy@health.nsw.gov.au
Application enquires: Ms Jessica Glover, Senior Medical Recruitment Consultant
Ph: (02) 6767 7063 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
NSW Health does not require or accept the ‘Fit2Work badge’ offered as an option in eCredential
No agency applications will be accepted
- Evidence of being a MEDICAL EXPERT, with a medical degree registrable in Australia and Fellowship of the RANZCP.
- Evidence of being a good COMMUNICATOR, including both oral and written skills and a high level approach to communicating with staff including generating agreement, collaborating and dealing with conflict.
- Evidcence of being a good COLLABORATOR, including the ability to network and operate within an interdisciplinary framework and to work with other stakeholders in a variety of settings.
- Evidence of being a good MANAGER, including high level skills and knowledge in all the aspects of management of medical staff and governance of health services.
- Evidence of being an ADVOCATE for good health care, by being able to demonstrate fairness and transparency in dealing with medical staff matters and preparedness to demonstrate and promote values of the service.
- Evidence of being a SCHOLAR, including evidence of continued professional development or higher study in the health management or management field.
- Evidence of being a PROFESSIONAL, including an understanding of bioethics and the role of the Psychiatrist in public mental health, the need for Peer Review and other forms of clinical governance, a professional attitude towards patients, staff and family, and ability to be flexible in work role.
- Able to drive a standard motor vehicle and able to obtain a drivers licencse to drive in NSW.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Jessica Glover on Jessica.Glover@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 18 June 2021