- Become a Part Time Casual Teacher at a world class education provider
- $83.00 per hour teaching duties
- Positions available at Tamworth, Armidale and Dubbo campuses
TAFE NSW is dedicated to meeting the evolving needs of the NSW economy and workforce, offering world class training and education that delivers the skills needed for the jobs of today and tomorrow. Grow your career in a dynamic and collaborative environment, where you can innovate, create value and proudly play a meaningful role in delivering quality training to the people of NSW.
TAFE NSW is looking for qualified, experienced individuals who wish to be considered for Part Time Casual Teaching opportunities in Training and Assessment as they arise.
You will be part of an engaged dispersed team who are experts in their discipline and who collaborate to achieve business outcomes.
If you are interested in sharing your talents by teaching the next generation, then this is the role for you!
To be successful in the role you are a subject matter expert in Vocational Education Training and Assessment. You are vibrant, motivating and engaging in your teaching style with the willingness to share your knowledge and experience. You have experience delivering in both face to face environments and synchronously via virtual classrooms. You have the ability to think on your feet and respond to student enquiries with confidence and conviction. You are able to communicate to your peers, students and industry stakeholders ensuring that the information is accurate, current and relevant.
The role of the TAFE teacher as a professional educator is to help, construct, guide and enhance the educative process. The teacher delivers educational programs and facilitates learning, enabling students to achieve their desired outcomes. You have demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities including administration tasks, teaching duties and industry engagement.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Diploma in Training and Assessment or an Adult education qualification; you must show VET knowledge for training and skills in RTO and workplace settings e.g.
- TAE50111/TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
- TAE50211/TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development
- a higher level qualification in adult education (specifically related to teaching adults)
- Appropriate subject knowledge, skills in the discipline and a commitment to maintain technical currency
- Minimum of three years post qualification experience in industry relevant to your qualifications, gained within the past 5 years
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and online learning platforms
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with peers and students
- Ability to effectively share your experience and knowledge ofTraining and Assessment
- Great team player who strives to achieve success for all students
Part Time Casual Teacher Suitability Lists are maintained to ensure that there is a sufficient number of appropriately qualified and experienced persons who can be engaged as a part time casual teacher. Offers of employment are dependent on availability of work during the period that the list is valid. Please note that placement on a suitability list does not constitute an offer of employment, nor does it guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
How To Apply
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Attach an updated resume and include copies of your qualifications
- Attach a cover letter outlining your interest in the role
- Click ‘Apply Now’ where you will be required to answer two targeted questions
Applications Close: Monday 25th October 2021 at 11.59pm
Role Enquiries: Susan Lockett, Team Leader, Business, via email email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries : Tracey Klein via email firstname.lastname@example.org
As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance. For permanent positions you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. For temporary positions, it is generally acceptable for you to have a current visa that allows you to work in Australia.
TAFE NSW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
We encourage applications from people with a disability and will make any reasonable adjustment that you need both in the interview process and on the job – if you need assistance or if you have any questions in relation to the recruitment or application process please contact Tracey Klein via email@example.com
Key Application Responses
Responses to the following questions will be required as part of the application process. Please prepare your responses in a word document and copy and paste as required. Please limit your responses to a max 300 words per response.
- Provide an overview of your experience working in Training and Assessment and what motivates you to become a Casual Part Time Teacher at TAFE NSW
- As a TAFE Teacher, you are required to maintain and update your professional currency in your field of expertise. If you were to be successful in your application for this role and were to receive a teaching program, how would you ensure that your skills and knowledge are up to date?