Description – External
• Become part of a vibrant, engaged team within the Community Services Team
• Permanent Full Time Teacher Community Services
• Position located at TAFE NSW Tamworth Campus
TAFE NSW supports and empowers thousands of students in hundreds of courses across multiple campuses and online. We are one of Australia’s largest vocational education and training providers.
TAFE NSW is looking for qualified, experienced individuals who wish to be considered for a permanent position of Teacher Community Services. The role of the TAFE Teacher as a professional educator is to lead, support, construct, guide and enhance the educative process. The teacher delivers educational programs and facilitates learning, enabling students to achieve their desired outcomes.
You are passionate about sharing your extensive industry experience in Community Service. You have the ambition and drive to succeed and mentor students, passing on your experience and knowledge, and you have demonstrated experience in delivering training in an adult learning environment.
To be successful in this role you must have:
• Recognised Degree in any of the following Community Services areas; Social Work, Community Services/Welfare Work, Social Science Or other relevant community services discipline
• Minimum of three (3) years post-qualification experience in the Community Services industry, gained no longer than five years previously.
• Certificate IV TAE40116 or equivalent.
• Ability to meet essential requirements as per the position description.
• Demonstrated high level of teaching competence and thorough knowledge and technical expertise relevant to one of the industry areas relevant to current training package areas.
• Demonstrated sound administrative skills
• Demonstrated capability to work with online learning platforms
• Demonstrated experience of engaging with learners from disadvantaged backgrounds including those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
To apply please click the apply button. To support your application please provide:
• Your resume, including evidence that you meet the specific requirements of the position
• Respond to the targeted questions when prompted
• Contact details of 2 referees, 1 being your current supervisor
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, 4th August 2021 11:59pm
Role Enquiries – Melanie Harris, Head Teacher Community Services via email email@example.com or phone 02 6842 0726
As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance.
For permanent positions you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. For temporary positions, it is generally acceptable for you to have a current visa that allows you to work in Australia.
TAFE NSW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
We encourage applications from people with a disability and will make any reasonable adjustment that you need both in the interview process and on the job – if you need assistance or if you have any questions in relation to the recruitment or application process please contact Tara Kendall via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Application Responses
1. Please provide an example of where you’ve experienced a high workload in the workplace with a range of conflicting requirements. What strategies did you put in place to deal with these and what was the outcome?
2. Part of the role of a TAFE teacher is to collaborate with colleagues in the team to develop teaching and learning resources to ensure consistency across the discipline. Please provide a recent example where you have successfully worked collaboratively within a team. Explain the situation, the actions that you took and the outcome.