Do you want to be an advocate for children’s literacy in our community?
Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library empowers parents to be their child’s first teacher, before formal schooling begins. This simple, effective book gifting intervention can have long-term impacts for literacy in individuals and communities.
KICK OFF YOUR NEW ROLE IN JANUARY 2022
Reporting to the Imagination Library Partnerships Lead, the Relationship Champion will develop and maintain relationships with local councils and other relevant community and government organisations to ensure the successful rollout and ongoing coordination of the Imagination Library in Regional NSW. This newly establish role is an exciting opportunity to join the Imagination Library team at a time of growth and contribute to long term literacy outcomes in NSW communities.
Terms: Part-time (30.4 hours per week) fixed-term contract until June 2022, with strong potential for annual renewal. Work from home position.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS WE OFFER
- Full induction to the role
- Salary packaging
- Flexible work arrangements
- IT tools /devices to support working remotely
- A small not-for-profit with a vibrant culture
YOUR DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Supporting local councils to implement, maintain and promote the Imagination Library in their communities
- Responding to enquiries from parents and community members
- Proactively seeking case studies and good news stories
- Assisting local councils to effectively manage enrolments
- Coordinating special orders and books for local events and activities
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE
- Cert 3 or equivalent 2-3 years experience in an administration / coordination role
- Experience using a variety of databases and computer software
- Experience in customer relations and an ability to work positively with a broad range of people from various backgrounds
- Capacity to manage multiple priorities and work independently and in a team
- Ability to take initiative and motivate others
- Knowledge of business systems including financial processes
- Knowledge of early childhood literacy
- A willingness to comply with UWA COVID safety plan
For a full list of responsibilities and selection criteria, please see the position description
UNITED WAY AUSTRALIA
We have been helping Australians in communities of disadvantage to reach their full potential for more than 60 years. Our model of change is to empower children and young people through flagship early childhood and youth employment initiatives. We also work to develop new approaches which challenge the status quo in tackling complex social issues, including our innovative business park model and collective impact work. United Way Australia is the licensee of Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library in Australia, operating in communities across the country.
INTERESTED? WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! APPLY ONLINE TODAY.
We plan to interview in December. For enquiries about this position, please contact Alexandra Irving, Imagination Library Partnerships Lead, at Alexandra.Irving@unitedway.com.au using the subject line: Relationship Champion x2 – Flexible Location enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.
UWA is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role.