Applications are invited from appropriately qualified and experienced candidates for the fulltime position of School Registrar. The successful applicant will possess initiative, outstanding people skills, a commitment to independent education, capacity to work in a team, excellent ICT skills and preparedness to promote the benefits of a Calrossy education.
Calrossy Anglican School, Tamworth – William Cowper and Brisbane Street Campuses
- This position is ultimately responsible to the Principal
- Calrossy is a Childsafe School and all appointees must hold a current Working with Children Check
- Deputy Principal & Heads of Senior Secondary, 7 – 9 and Junior School
- Head of Boarding, Marketing and Development Team & Database Manager
Calrossy Anglican School is a leading Day and Boarding School located in Tamworth, a thriving regional centre in the North-West of NSW. It is a ‘coeducational school with a difference’, catering for approximately 950 girls and boys from Pre-School to Year 12. We have moved into our second century with a bold vision of quality Christian education for the young men and women of regional Australia, under the auspices of the Anglican Diocese of Armidale. Whilst a comprehensive school with an open enrolment policy, Calrossy has performed as the top academic school in North-West NSW in the past ten years, regularly achieving HSC results in the top echelon of schools in the state.
A stimulating learning environment
Calrossy is a forward-thinking school, creating innovative and modern working environments that enhance student learning and fosters a passion and a culture of participation in all aspects of school life. There are a broad range of academic, sporting and cultural activities for Boarding and Day students, promoting success and engagement, both outside and within the classroom.
Well-known for our outstanding and distinctive approach to wellbeing, Calrossy is a place of belonging, in which every student’s wellbeing is nurtured, catering for individual special needs and potential.
Calrossy operates on two campuses in Tamworth, with the Junior School and Years 7 – 9 located on the William Cowper Campus in North Tamworth and Years 10 -12 students learning at our Brisbane Street Campus in East Tamworth. Boarding facilities for both girls and boys are provided within the school and nearby. Calrossy operates Tangara Farm as a Trade Training Centre which is home to our renowned Agriculture and Primary Industries programs.
Calrossy Anglican School is a ‘Diamond School’, providing coeducational junior schooling, gender specific junior secondary and combined senior schooling. It is home to approximately 180 boy and girl Boarders. Calrossy cultivates Christian community, passion for learning and positive relationships, preparing students for a future of purpose, wellbeing and service.
In fulfilling our mission, we promote the development of purposeful lives through learning, personal growth and inspiration for service, equipping students to make a difference in the community and world. Learning is characterised by innovative teaching, strong connections between students and staff, meaningful engagement and a culture of success. Growth is supported through character development, achievement of personal best, holistic wellbeing (social, emotional, physical and spiritual), Christian faith and virtues and the taking of considered risks. We inspire service through a commitment to respectful relationships, leadership development, helping others, sporting and community involvement and national and global connections. Calrossy has a commitment to develop holistic and well-rounded students are creators of hope and change that matters. Our school values are Integrity, Resilience, Selflessness and Inclusiveness.
As a Childsafe school, we are committed to high standards of care and practices to ensure the safety and protection of children. Every staff member must have a current Working with Children Check and is required to actively support our school as a safe learning environment.
The Registrar Position Description
The fundamental purpose of the position
The Registrar oversees and supports the enrolment of all students into Calrossy Anglican School, providing administrative support to the enrolment journey, from pre-enquiry to post arrival, promoting strong relationships with enquiring parents and students. The Registrar performs a critical role in strategy, school relationships and administration, including the maintenance of an accurate and up-to-date database of prospective enrolees.
The Registrar promotes Calrossy as a school of choice in Northern NSW, introducing potential candidates/families to the benefits of a Calrossy education and managing enrolment processes at Preschool, Prep, Infants, Primary and Secondary (Boarding and Day) levels. The successful applicant will work as part of a dynamic team assisting parents and students to enrol at Calrossy.
The Registrar’s role is to develop key relationships and cohesive strategy to promote effective student enrolment processes from initial contact through to student commencement.
The Registrar is the first point of contact for prospective and future families and provides exceptional service that establishes positive and ongoing relationships. The role includes assisting in the promotion and marketing of the School with a particular emphasis on providing high-quality service to prospective parents and students.
The successful applicant will have a key role in creating an important first impression of the School and espousing the values that it represents. Professionalism, confidence and a calm, positive attitude under pressure are key qualities required, along with the capacity to collaborate and work in a team.
The Registrar must:
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, initiative, highly developed interpersonal skills and be a talented and confident administrator
- Possess a high level of service orientation, an eye for detail and an ability to multi-task while managing competing priorities in established timeframes
- Be committed to quality and demonstrate exceptional organisational and administrative skills. They must have a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude and capacity to work in a team, co-operating with all academic and administration staff and exhibiting loyalty and support for colleagues
- Possess outstanding communication skills face to face, written and on the telephone
- Be up to date with current enrolment trends and have the capability to work closely with the Calrossy Marketing, Development and Promotions team, willing to be involved in school events and community building occasions
- Have a service-minded focus, and willingness to listen and respond to questions, queries and applicant feedback
- Demonstrate a keen interest and commitment to being involved in and formulating new approaches of the enrolment journey including website information, Open Days, Experience Day Tours and other such activities that involve the Registrar
- Have strong computer literacy and the ability to learn software applicable to the school
- Have an authentic commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of the students and supporting the Christian ethos of the School
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude with a calm, approachable disposition
- A neat and tidy appearance is vital to fitting in with the fabric of the School community
- Honesty, integrity and authenticity in dealings with colleagues, students and staff
- Provide high level administrative support in all areas of the Enrolment journey, from pre-enquiry to post arrival. This includes following correct procedures in follow-up calls, emails and enquiries
- Enter and maintain complete and accurate records in the Enrolment Database, with assistance as required
- Ensure all relevant information and forms are returned and maintained
- Assist with Welcome Packs for incoming students and with the organisation of Orientation Days, Open Days, Experience Tours etc.
- Actively participate in the Scholarship program, ensuring that student files are complete with the necessary supporting documents
- Respond diligently and promptly to enrolment enquiries relating to new applications
- Respond in an effective, friendly, sensitive and professional manner to all enrolment enquiries whether received verbally, by telephone, letter or email
- Perform other duties as directed by the Principal
- Assist with marketing and promotional tasks as required
- Assist with marketing projects as discussed with the Principal and Marketing Department
- Assist with the design of marketing material
- Assist with the organisation and staffing of stalls and stands at various events which may at times require travel away from Tamworth, possibly over-night
- Support the smooth process of student withdrawal and exit interviews
- Adhere to the Calrossy Code of Conduct and the Calrossy IT Acceptable Use Policy
- WH&S – In accordance with the Workplace Health & Safety Act 2011 employees must
- while at work take reasonable care for their own health and safety
- take reasonable care for the health and safety of others
- comply with any reasonable instruction from Calrossy
- follow defined WHS policies and procedures
- In partnership with senior staff, develop and refine strategies to support and promote the positive image of the school and maintain effective enrolment practice and procedures
- Provide Senior staff with data and other information relating to the progress of enrolments
- Participate in any in-house training programs, as well as other job specific training that is identified as required for this job description
- Participate and contribute to team meetings
- Participate in workplace change where required
- Report concerns or problems to supervisor
Please forward applications for this position to the Principal, supported by a letter of introduction, appropriate Curriculum Vitae and the Calrossy application form (on the school’s website) via firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed].
Ideally the successful applicant will take up this role in Term 4 2021, ready to assume the role in 2022.
A salary package will be negotiated in accordance with the Independent Schools NSW (Support and Operational Staff) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2017. The position is full time and the Registrar is expected to work during peak enrolment times during school holidays.
Queries about this position can be directed to the Human Resources Officer, Sandy Cudmore via email@example.com [link removed].
Applications close on Monday 4 October 2021.