Our Therapeutic Services team is seeking a passionate, flexible and professional Psychologist with therapeutic knowledge and experience for our growing practice. You need to have recognised qualifications and experience as a Psychologist and currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA). We are also happy to consider a Provisional Psychologist with experience and registration.
We are a unique practice who strives on truly meeting client needs. We engage with clients from early childhood to late adulthood and are committed to best practice and great clinical outcomes. We work closely with Foster Care services, clients funded under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and are registered NDIS and Medicare providers.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology and current registration or eligibility for registration with the Psychology Board of Australia to practice as a psychologist.
- Demonstrated experience and well developed skills in working effectively with children, young people or adults with a range of disability and/ or complex behavioural needs
- Well- developed analytical, organisational and problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate across all services to ensure good practice and the maximisation of opportunities to achieve positive outcomes for the clients/participants, families and/or carers.
- Highly developed and effective written and oral communication, with a proven ability to clearly and logically express ideas
- Experience with a variety of cognitive, developmental and behavioural assessments.
- Current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Current NSW Drivers licence
- Current Police check or willingness to obtain
- NDIS Workers screening check
- Demonstrated experience in OOHC/ADHC/NDIS or similar field or industry
- Demonstrated experience or ability to work in Mental Health
- Experience providing Clinical Supervision to clinical team or other professionals
- Medicare provider/registration number or willingness to obtain
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in Family Systems Therapy.
- Strong group facilitation skills and/or training skills
The Benefits of Working for Challenge
You will have access to:
- Generous pay rates based on skills and experience.
- Salary Package up to $15,900 tax free pay per fringe benefit year. Increase your take home pay!
- Use up to $15,900 of your pre-tax income for expenses you are already paying –e.g. Rent or Mortgage payments, Credit Card and Personal loan payments
- Entertainment Benefits are capped at $2,650 per year and include meals and drinks consumed in a restaurant, taxi fares and holiday accommodation.
- Pool vehicle (Provisional Psychologist) or fully serviced vehicle included. Pay a contribution.
- Ongoing monthly supervision
- Professional development opportunities of minimum $2000 per year plus 4 paid work days while attending professional development.
- Work life balance, flexible working hours and negotiated extra leave – purchase up to 4 weeks of EXTRA annual leave
- Full time administration support
- Friendly and passionate group of clinicians who work together and support each other.
- Free Flu Vaccination
- Paid day off on your birthday!
- Job satisfaction – helping to make a difference in people’s lives.
How to apply
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Kylie Boyraz on 0408 620 881.
When applying, please ensure you include a cover letter, resume and address the essential selection criteria as part of your application.
To apply and view the Position Description please click on the ‘apply now’ button below or visit our website: www.challengecommunity.org.au
Challenge Community Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
Closing Date: 27th June 2021