- Rewarding support role in childcare settings
- Enjoy diversity and flexibility in your week
- Opportunities across multiple locations
Be part of TAFE NSW
With TAFE NSW, you will have the opportunity to grow your professional career in a dynamic and collaborative environment, where you can innovate, create value and proudly play a meaningful role in the once-in-a-generation transformation of Australia’s largest skills and training provider.
About the role:
Join our casual pool for the opportunity to work across a range of childcare settings at the following locations: Armidale, Tamworth, Bathurst and Dubbo! We are seeking motivated Play Session Assistants with current industry experience and knowledge in Children’s Services who thrive on providing valued support to team members. As part of our TAFE NSW Delivery, Implementation and Performance Class Support team you will be called upon as needed in a casual capacity.
The Play Session Assistant provides assistance to educational staff within the Childcare section through a range of duties including class preparation, cleaning, maintain and organising resources and storage areas, as well as communicating with students, families and other TAFE NSW staff.
You’ll love this role if you:
- Have a passion for working with Children in a Childcare setting
- Enjoy assisting and providing support to others and working as a member of a team
- Are looking for full-time work and available for on call casual work
Reporting to the Staffing Pool Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Provide class support and prepare resources as directed by teachers
- Prepare the classroom prior to play sessions and VIP visits
- Collect resources and materials as required for each session
- Supervise play session environments
- Liaise with parents regarding the needs of the children and the service
- Maintain a high standard of presentation within the classroom and of materials
- Assist where necessary in cleaning and tidying before and after play sessions
- Wash up equipment including paint and associated resources
- Stocktake equipment or goods as directed
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment which includes adherence to legislative regulations and the maintenance of a high standard of hygiene and infection control
- Perform other related duties as required.
If you have:
- Experience and knowledge working in a childcare environment
- Current first aid certificate
- A commitment to customer service and continuous improvement
… We would love to hear from you!
How to Apply:
Your application for this role must include:
- Attach a current resume and cover letter in PDF format, including contact details for two referees, 1 being a current line manager
- Provide certified copies of your qualifications
- Click ‘Apply Now’ where you will be required to address the essential requirements for the role
Closing Date: Monday 18 October 2021 at 11.59pm
Role Enquiries: please contact Renae Kilby, Staffing Pool Coordinator via email email@example.com?or phone on 02 6768 2437.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance. For permanent positions you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. For temporary positions, it is generally acceptable for you to have a current visa that allows you to work in Australia.
TAFE NSW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
We encourage applications from people with a disability and will make any reasonable adjustment that you need both in the interview process and on the job – if you need assistance or if you have any questions in relation to the recruitment or application process, please contact Sue-Ellen Brown via firstname.lastname@example.org