- Temporary full time appointment up to 3 years from entry on duty date
- Location: Tamworth
Please address the selection criteria in relation to the Statement of Duties for the position in your application. Please note that it is a requirement that all candidates submit their applications online. No paper based, email based or late applications will be accepted.
Please Note: Permanent teachers taking up non-school based temporary appointments, the right of return to their substantive position has been extended to up to 3 years.
The current transitional arrangement for the recruitment of Non-School Based Teaching Service positions, has been extended to include all Senior Education Officer 1 (SEO1) and Senior Education 2 (SEO2) positions across the Department.
Applicants should refer to the transitional arrangements for further information.
This is a child-related role. If you are the successful applicant you will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) Clearance number as a condition of employment (if you do not already have this). For more information, visit https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check and in addition your employment may be subject to the Department’s National Criminal Records Check to determine your suitability for employment.
Existing internal employees are encouraged to refer to the vacation guide for teachers taking up a temporary Non-School Based Teaching Service position.
If you are called to interview you will need to provide the following:
Key Application Responses
- Teaching qualifications and recent school based experience within the K-12 range
- Demonstrated commitment to participating in accreditation processes
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively and liaise and negotiate with key stakeholders
- High level written and oral communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain accurate and comprehensive written records
- Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum content and understanding of current trends in teaching, learning and student wellbeing
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver professional development programs for teachers
- Proven successful experience in the planning, design, development, budgeting and evaluation of quality programs
- Capacity to innovate, problem solve and develop creative solutions to emerging issues
- Knowledge of and commitment to implementing the Department’s Aboriginal Education Policy and upholding the Department’s Partnership Agreement with the NSW AECG and to ensure quality outcomes for Aboriginal people.