Field Service Plant Mechanic – Tamworth & Gunnedah
Here at WesTrac our culture is about energy, enthusiasm, contribution and being able to make a difference in what we do and beyond. You will be able to maximise value whilst continuing the investment we have in our most important asset, our people.
About the role
WesTrac in Tamworth and Gunnedah are seeking an experienced Field Service Plant Mechanic. The successful applicant will be a motivated individual, who has between 3-5 years’ post trade experience, particularly with Machine overhauls, and the servicing and maintenance of various Cat equipment. You will bring a high level of technical skills and expertise to the role, along with a strong drive and motivation to succeed and commit to a team. Ideally, we are looking for someone who has their Heavy Vehicle Mechanic qualifications, however we will also consider applicants who also have their Light Vehicle Mechanic qualifications.
You will be reporting to the Branch Supervisor, working alongside a team of experienced Plant Mechanic’s. As a Field Service Plant Mechanic, you will be required to be out on field. The position on offer is a permanent position with a roster available to suit your lifestyle.
- Caterpillar Product Support for Gunnedah and surrounding areas
- Servicing mining customers (predominately coal), with some exposure to civil and agricultural projects
- Completing repairs, maintenance and inspections on a range of customer machines
Skills & Experience
- Plant Mechanic qualification or similar
- Current (or ability to undertake) Order 43 Medical
- Basic computer skills
- Sound working knowledge of Caterpillar equipment is highly regarded
- Ability to work autonomously if required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong diagnostic and repair skills, with a commitment to meeting customer requirements
- Nationally accredited Forklift, Dogman, and Working at Height tickets
- Demonstrates the WesTrac SPARC values of Safety, Pride, Accountability, Respect and Customer
- Competitive base hourly rate
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and Welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028 with job number 879583.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.