For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customer with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,000 staff and 140 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
Field Service Plant Mechanics – Gunnedah + Tamworth Locations
About the roles
WesTrac are currently seeking experienced Field Service Plant Mechanics to join our team supporting customers in the Gunnedah Region and surrounding areas. These roles will be based from the Tamworth Branch and report to the Field Service Supervisor. Applicants located or willing to relocate to or surrounding areas will be considered and relocation assistance of up to $8000 is on offer.
Roster: 8/6 – or get in touch to discuss a roster that is better suited to your lifestyle
- Caterpillar Product Support for Gunnedah and surrounding areas
- Servicing mining customers (predominately coal), with some exposure to civil and agricultural projects
- Completing repairs, maintenance and inspections on a range of customer machines
- Ordering parts, completing service reports
Skills & Experience
- Trade certificate with post trade experience (Mobile plant/Heavy Diesel)
- Current (or ability to undertake) Order 43 Medical
- Great diagnostic skills
- Familiarity with Caterpillar equipment and systems such as SIS and ET
- Advanced stakeholder/customer engagement skills
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information quickly
- Intermediate computer literacy skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work successfully within a team and autonomously
- Competitive base hourly rate
- 15% Field service allowance
- Fully maintained vehicle
- Discounts on Caterpillar tooling
- Annual Remuneration review
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and Welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.