- Opportunity to join a dynamic and creative team
- Opportunities available at Tamworth, Armidale, Inverell, Glen Innes, Tenterfield, Coonabarabran, Narrabri, Moree, Dunedoo, Quirindi, Gunnedah
- Casual rate: $39.97 per hour
TAFE NSW is looking for creative and motivated individuals with current industry knowledge and experience in Tourism, Hospitality, Commercial Cookery and Bakery to join our team of Education Support Officers on a casual basis. These roles can be located at any of the above campuses in the West Region.
Working within the classroom the role of Education Support Officer is responsible for a range of activities, which supports learners and enhances the student learning experience and educative processes. Reporting to the Head Teacher, you will provide support to a diverse range of students both face to face and connected delivery, ensuring that the student outcomes is at the forefront of your decision making. You are a customer service, outcomes driven team member who is passionate about education and ready to support TAFE NSW students.
Additional responsibilities include;
- Supporting the Teachers and Head Teachers in meeting compliance functions for TAFE NSW
- Provide support to students to carry out tasks and understand their learning materials and concepts
- Follow up with students to encourage ongoing engagement and motivate and encourage the students to complete their tasks and activities
- Supplements the teaching activities by providing follow-up instruction as provided by the teacher and opportunities to practice skills
Note: This role does not teach or prepare lessons or resources and does not deliver training nor undertake assessment.
To be considered for you role, you will have;
- Appropriate subject knowledge, skills and vocational qualifications in the relevant discipline and a commitment to maintain technical currency
- Certificate III in Hospitality / Commercial Cookery / Tourism or Bakery
- 3 years’ experience in vocational Industry area
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with students
- Demonstrated high level customer services skills
- Commitment and ability to support learning in an adult environment
- Ability to understand the content of the learning materials and the processes
- Be technologically savvy and experience within Microsoft Word
Suitability Lists are maintained to ensure that there is a sufficient number of appropriately qualified and experienced persons who can be engaged as a casual Education Support Officer. Offers of employment are dependent on availability of work during the period that the list is valid. Please note that placement on a suitability list does not constitute an offer of employment, nor does it guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
How to Apply
- Attach an up to date resume
- Attach a cover letter outlining your interest in the role
- Click ‘Apply Now’ where you will be required to answer three targeted questions
Applications Close: Monday 25th October at 11.59pm
Role Enquiries – Matt McAllister, Team Leader Tourism and Experience Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries – Tracey Klein, Talent Acquisition Lead, email@example.com
This is a child-related position. You will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance as a condition of employment. For more information, visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian website.
For most Temporary jobs, you need a visa that gives you permission to work in Australia.
TAFE NSW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people with a disability and will make any reasonable adjustment that you need in the interview process and on the job. For assistance please contact Tracey Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Application Responses
Responses to the following questions will be required as part of the application process. Please prepare your responses in a word document and copy and paste as required. Please limit your responses to a max 300 words per response.
- Provide an example of where you have gone above and beyond in providing support to a student or a peer in an educational environment? What was the scenario and what was the outcome?
- Outline a time where you have had to support a diverse cohort of students in a challenging situation within adult education environment. Outline the challenge and how you overcome the challenge to achieve results.
- Provide an example of when you have encouraged and motivated a student who may have had some learning difficulties in the classroom.