The Community Development Officer will creatively engage young people, family and friends, service providers and the general community in a flexible, youth focused and supportive way to promote and enhance recovery orientated services as part of headspace Tamworth’s vision to improve the mental and social wellbeing of young people.
Who We Are
Centacare NENW is a leading provider of social and community services across the New England North West area and the Social Services Agency of the Catholic Diocese of Armidale .
The benefits of working for Centacare NENW
As an employee of Centacare NENW you will have the opportunity to work alongside a committed and professional team within a dynamic and supportive culture, other benefits offered include:
- A vibrant, energetic and supportive team environment that strives to be professional, fun and family friendly
- Flexible working arrangements including an ADO [Allocated Day Off]
- Generous Professional Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
In addition to your remuneration, you will enjoy generous tax- free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum.
About The Role
Working as part of our team some key responsibilities include but is not limited to:
- Use creative and assertive approaches to engage young people 12-25 with specific focus on those from indigenous, Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI), Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds in addition to other youth target groups such as schools, TAFE and young adults employed and unemployed around their issues of concern within the Step Care model and promote a positive help seeking environment.
- Take a pro-active role in developing relationships with schools, community service organisations and government sectors by facilitating local education, training and health promotion campaigns that assist young people to get help early.
- Represent headspace Tamworth at local youth network meetings and other interagency meetings as required.
- Advocate and positively promote headspace programs within the local community.
Recruit, train, supervise and support young people to be involved in the headspace centre Youth Reference Group and/or develop other mechanisms to engage young people with the work of headspace.
Desired Skills and Experience
About Our Perfect Candidate
We want to work with people who like to make a difference in a community, are happy to introduce their new skills and ways of thinking as well as have fun in a friendly and professional environment.
- Experience and/or ability to actively and assertively engage young people, 12-25, years from a variety of backgrounds.
- Experience and /or ability to establish effective partnerships within a multidisciplinary team, young people, family and friends a range of service providers and organisations.
- Experience and/or ability to use a range of mediums to connect with audiences such as PowerPoint/ social media and group work.
- Demonstrated initiative, flare and a passion for empowering young people to lead fulfilling lives.
- Strong experience and expertise with social media as a communication tool.
- Knowledge of WH&S issues in delivering services in the community in particular confidentiality and security integrity and ability to transfer knowledge into practice.
- Current NSW drivers licence and the ability to travel as part of the job if required.
Centacare NENW is an equal employment opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Persons and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Would you like to find out more or apply
To apply for this position please click on the below apply link.
Only applicants that submit the following will be considered:
- A covering letter
- A statement of claim addressing how you meet the above Essential Criteria and
- Your resume
For more information or role related queries please contact Cooper Faint on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 4pm, Thursday 28th October, 2021
Centacare NENW is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and demonstrates a zero tolerance to abuse.
- Full Time
Posted 2 weeks ago
- Apply For Job