Carers NSW is the peak body in NSW for carers of all ages and circumstances. We are a not-for-profit organisation connecting and empowering carers and improving their quality of life through support, referrals, capacity building and training.
As the Carer Gateway Service Provider (CGSP) in Region 4 of NSW (Central Coast, Hunter New England and North Coast) we are excited to be growing our team and are looking for an Outreach Liaison Worker to be based in Tamworth, working 4-5 days a week.
About the role:
Reporting to the Manager, Community Engagement, this position is responsible for promotion and building awareness of the Carer Gateway. Working as part of a team, Outreach Workers will build upon local and strategic relationships in the support of carers and travel across the NSW 4 region to network and engage with relevant organisations and service providers to build awareness of the program.
This role will have a specific focus on Aged Care services in regional NSW, working to generate referral pathways for the Carer Gateway.
- Knowledge and understanding of social services, aged care/disability system including the local networks of services available in the region
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement, ideally gained across a culturally diverse group or a geographically diverse area
- Understanding of the needs of Aboriginal and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) families and communities
- Understanding of and commitment to carer issues and needs
- Current NSW drivers licence and the capacity to travel across the regionWe can offer you a competitive salary plus not for profit salary packaging benefits and a friendly team committed to the organisation’s purpose.
Please send a cover letter addressing the above essential criteria along with your resume to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications close 6th December at 5pm.
We can adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – please contact Josette in our HR Team on: (02) 9280 4744 for adjustments or for further information about the role.
A criminal record check and working with children check will be required as a condition of employment.
Carers NSW recognises the value of diversity in its workplace and acknowledges the contributions that people of diverse backgrounds bring to the organisation.