Employment Type: Temporary Various
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: CAM11942
Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital is seeking a passionate Advanced Trainee to join our Paediatric Department in 2022!
This position is accredited for General Paediatric basic and advanced training, compulsory rural training and is eligible for accreditation for a community training position, up to 12 months.
Where you’ll be working
You will be supporting 4FTE Paediatric Consultants with another 1FTE Provisional Fellow, 1FTE Advanced Trainee, 2FTE Unaccredited Trainee, and 2FTE Junior Medical Officers.
Boasting 16 Paediatric beds, we are a level 4 paediatrics and level 3 neonates unit with dedicated adolescent and palliative care spaces, 8-bed special care nursery and a 6 bed paediatric unit within the emergency department. We encourage collaboration and collegiate relationships across
multi-disciplinary teams ensuring the best service delivery.
The ED sees 52,000 presentations per annum (31% paediatric), 800 paediatric admissions and 1000 births, there is plenty of scope to broaden your paediatric horizons.
With a population of 60,000, you will be living a rural lifestyle, in a very liveable inland city halfway between Sydney and Brisbane and weekends at the coast are within easy reach. Tamworth is a thriving regional city where you will experience the best of both worlds with 6 daily return flights to the closest major capital cities with the knowledge you are living and raising your family under the most ideal circumstances; big wide open spaces, a welcoming and friendly community, affordable housing, great schools and endless opportunities for you and your family to pursue
What you’ll be doing
The Trainee will be expected to provide comprehensive services to routine and emergency paediatric inpatients at Tamworth Hospital.
The Paediatrics Advanced Trainee will be in an accredited Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) training program within the Paediatric Department of Tamworth Rural Referral Hospital. The Advanced Trainee will be assigned to the Paediatric Department for the specified term and will undertake specific tasks and responsibilities at the Hospital. The Advanced Trainee will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and supervise junior medical officers (JMOs) and medical students. It is also expected that the Advanced Trainee participates in the clinical meetings and teaching and be subject to training and performance reviews.
Advanced Trainees in Paediatrics will work in a variety of inpatient and outpatient settings under supervision. Additionally, the incumbent may be required to provide medical support to patients in outlying areas of the region through outreach clinics and on-call support and/or advice.
- Qualifications commensurate with the Essential Requirements for the role, and relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, including providing leadership and direction to ensure appropriate management of patients
- Recent medical experience in Paediatrics, Emergency Medicine or an appropriate related field or practice
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within a supervised complex clinical environment utilising excellent clinical skills, judgment and expertise
- Demonstrated time management and problem solving skills with excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement, patient safety and risk management
- Evidence of continuing professional development and commitment to self-education, experience and willingness to teach junior medical officers.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work at the facilities within the Hunter New England Local Health District to deliver patient care under supervision in outreach clinics and able to drive a standard motor vehicle in NSW
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Nicole Lewis on email@example.com
Applications Close: 12th August 2021