Orange City Council
About Orange City Council
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 500 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange community. Our aim – to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Community Services team, as the Team Leader – Ageing and Sector Support. The Team Leader is responsible for:
- planning, supervising and coordinating work activities and programs for all Council programs to support older people including the Choices at Home Programs. This includes the direct supervision of Food Services and Neighbour Program workers as well as all casual and volunteers working within the areas.
- providing support, information advice and training, including Aboriginal specific support and training, to Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) service providers in the Central West
To be successful in this position you will need to have:
- Experience in a similar role, supervising front line staff and responsibility for the delivery of a regional program.
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of Commonwealth Home Support Programme and assisting non-government organisations regarding governance
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Straight Island cultural needs for inclusive service provision
- Experience in developing and providing training programs
- Demonstrated experience in developing and monitoring service budgets and service reporting
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications including Microsoft software packages
- Diploma in Human Services or equivalent
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- First Aid Certificate
To apply, please complete all the questions listed. Please be aware that you will be asked to add attachments (such as your resume) after clicking next. Unfortunately you cannot save your application and return to it later.