Western NSW Local Health District
: Permanent (Staff Specialist) / Sessional (Visiting Medical Officer)
: Staff Specialist / Visiting Medical Officer
: As per NSW Health Awards / VMO Determination
: 40 hours pw (Staff Specialist) / As per Roster (VMO)
24 Jun 2021 – 11.59pm
An exciting opportunity exists for General Surgeons at Dubbo Health Service.
You will be providing timely, comprehensive and multidisciplinary expert surgical care with likeminded colleagues to geographically isolated communities throughout Western NSW.
Dubbo is a major regional city with a population of around 40,000 people, situated on the beautiful Macquarie River, 420 kilometres north-west of Sydney. It is a progressive city with a thriving town centre. There are daily flights, trains and buses to the eastern seaboard and many regional towns. Known as the cosmopolitan heart of New South Wales, Dubbo has great shopping and sporting facilities and provides a perfect base from which to explore the eastern interior of our beautiful state.
Living in Dubbo you’ll be rewarded with a relaxed and convenient lifestyle. Residents who have relocated to live and work here have described the real sense of community as the key difference that sets it apart from metropolitan cities such as Sydney. People here are relaxed, down to earth, friendly and so welcoming.
Visitfor more information.
- Country living with a meaningful career path
- Flexible work practices (as appropriate to the position and negotiated with your manager)
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the
- Opportunities for learning and development, including in-house training with and the NSW Health RTO
- Professional growth and accelerated career progression
- Relocation incentives
You will be based at Dubbo Health Service, a part of the Western NSW Local Health District. For more information on living and working in our beautiful region, visit our website
The surgical services team currently comprises of a combination of Staff Specialist and Visiting Medical Officers.
The Theatre complex is a six theatre digital state of the art complex. We have a 34 bed Surgical inpatient Unit.
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement.
- Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time.
- Fellowship of the applicable College.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience necessary to manage a broad range of conditions encountered in a regional centre.
- Commitment to developing relationships within Dubbo Community.
- Click here for the
- For role related queries or questions contact Dr Mark Rice via email or (02) 6809 7409
If you are applying for a Category A position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive . All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
Applicants holding a visa with working rights may be considered for temporary appointment (up to the expiry date of their visa) where no suitable applicant for permanent appointment is identified.