Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
In this role you will play an integral role in ensuring the quality of drinking water, the efficient and effective treatment of sewerage including the disposal of treated effluent from Council’s Treatment plants as well as meeting regulatory requirements and customer service standards in the Local Government area of Dubbo Regional Council.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Oversee operation and maintenance of SCADA/Telemetry system;
- Undertake Risk Management as part of fulfilling Asset Management responsibilities;
- Provide branch input into implementation of Management Plan, Business Plan and Budgets;
- Maintain drinking water quality framework;
- Ensure implementation of Pollution Incident Management response plan; and
- Collect data to permit reporting to all regulatory agencies.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Degree qualifications in Engineering or related discipline; or experience commensurate to the qualification;
- Extensive experience in management of water and sewerage treatment systems;
- Experience in water quality frameworks and management systems;
- Demonstrated high levels of communication skills, both written and oral; and
- Highly developed computer skills, including programs such as Word, Excel, Project and SCADA systems.
You will be an Engineering professional, with demonstrated experience in Water and Sewerage systems. You have strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience in leading and facilitating good teamwork. Additionally, you have excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate, consult and provide advice.
You are a team player who continually looks for positive ways to contribute to team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet, but not address at this stage.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Jobs Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary Range: Specialist – $92,186-$107,135 or Engineer – $100,022 – $116, 242 per annum plus superannuation. A leaseback vehicle is available.
Closing Date: 9:00am on Monday 17 January 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Manager Water Supply and Sewerage – 6801 4860