- Innovative, progressive farming group
- Supportive team environment
- Central West NSW
Central West Farming Systems (CWFS) is an independent, not-for-profit, farmer driven organisation providing linkages between growers, researchers and advisers to best apply and coordinate research and extension relevant to Central West NSW. CWFS conducts agricultural research and communicates research outcomes to growers and advisors and collaborates with a broad range of industry bodies and other farming systems groups.
As Trials Agronomist you will be a key member of the Agronomy team, responsible for implementing and monitoring the Trial program across the region. Key activities will include:
- Agronomic management of farming systems trials, farming operations, data collection, data compilation, report writing and project management
- Active involvement in establishing new projects, including trial design and methodology
- Liaison with site coordinators, co-operators and research partners regarding regional site trials, ensuring best practice management of trial work
- Establish and undertake agronomic trial activities, working with CWFS project staff, partner organisations and agribusinesses.
We are keen to hear from you if you possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Agricultural Science or equivalent
- A broad knowledge of Australian farming systems, especially broadacre agronomy, with an understanding of establishing meaningful trials
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing conditions
- A strong practical, positive approach and team focus
- Current driver’s licence.
This is a terrific opportunity with a highly-regarded Farming Systems group, committed to their Central West NSW farming community. CWFS is located 10kms from the town of Condobolin and the preferred base location is Condobolin, however, other locations easily accessible to Condobolin would be acceptable.
To enquire please phone Sharon Moloney on 0417 190879 or apply with a CV and application letter to www.rimfireresources.com.au