Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
This position will be responsible for ensuring the efficient production and treatment of potable water in line with relevant legislation and guidelines. You will play in integral part in ensuring industry best practice by supervising a team of skilled and dedicated Treatment Technicians to provide a safe, quality water supply to the residences of Dubbo, Wongarbon, Ballimore, Eumungerie and Mogriguy.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Innovate processes and procedures to ensure reliable operation of the treatment plant, reservoirs, booster pump stations and laboratory services
- Supervise the maintenance and operation of the water supply treatment assets
- Motivate, lead and supervise a team of Treatment Technicians in their duties ensuring that individual accountabilities and performance are monitored and achieved
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Certificate III Water Operations (Treatment)
- Experience in the operation of supervisory control and data acquisition systems (SCADA)/telemetry)
- Proficient administrative skills demonstrating a competent level of literacy, numeracy and basic computer skills.
- High level of communication skills
- Current NSW C Class licence
- Hold a NSW Fluoride operators certificate
- Demonstrated team leader ability
You will be a motivated and proactive professional with demonstrated experience in Water and Sewerage systems. You will have well developed communication and time management skills. You will be a team player who looks for positive ways to contribute to the team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $64,721-$75,218 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 31 January 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Treatment Operations Coordinator Water – 6801 4599