Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
The Transfer Station Attendant is to work with the other waste depot staff in providing beneficial and cost efficient solid waste receival and processing, at Wellington Waste Facility, Geurie and Stuart Town Transfer Facilities. Responsibilities will include assessing waste material, taking payments and ensuring recycling and materials are correctly separated to reduce waste to landfill.
This is a part time position working 16 hours per week worked predominately Saturday and Sunday.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Provide customer service to users of the facility;
- Educate customers on waste separation and recycling activities;
- Gatehouse operation;
- Packing and processing of waste material for recycling or treatment;
- Litter pickups; and
- Ensure the transfer station and surrounding areas are maintained and cleaned.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Class C Drivers Licence,
- WorkCover Construction Induction Card or capacity to acquire it;
- General administrative skills demonstrating a competent level of literacy, numeracy, computer skills and cashier work;
- Good customer service and verbal communication skills and
- Ability to work co-operatively in a team environment.
You will be physically fit, value to the opportunity to work in an environment that is varied and undertake duties both indoors and outdoors.
You will enjoy working with the public and have good communication skills.
You are a team player and continually look for positive ways to contribute to team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Salary: $20,822 – $24,187 (16 hours pro-rata) per annum plus superannuation and an industry allowance
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 29 November 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Manager Resource Recovery and Efficiency – 6801 4790
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you’ll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)