Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
The Team Leader Growth Planning Projects is responsible for providing effective and responsive strategic planning services to ensure Council has the best strategic framework in place to continue the growth and development of our Region. The position will undertake branch projects, mentor and supervise staff within the Growth Planning Branch.
This key position will assist the Manager Growth Planning in the best practice design and management of Council’s strategic systems.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Play a part in promoting the Branch capabilities and expectations;
- Lead the development of strategic land use plans and general strategy development;
- Actively develop initiatives and actions for the future growth and development of the Region.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED,
- Bachelor Degree in Planning, Environmental Science, Geography or a related discipline;
- Commitment to exceptional customer service;
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills;
- Sound knowledge of and experience working with strategic planning concepts and systems;
- Well-developed computer skills, including Microsoft Office and spreadsheet applications;
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills;
- A commitment to the importance and delivery of effective and efficient strategic planning of a major inland regional centre; and
- Experience in a similar role in a Local Government or private industry.
You will be experienced and professional strategic planner who has sound analytical and problem solving skills and sound working experience with strategic planning concepts.
Additionally, you will have well developed written and oral communication skills, and the ability to lead, inspire, coach and mentor the team.
You are a team player, who continually shows positive leadership and looks for positive ways to influence team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
Salary: $100,022-$116,242 per annum plus Superannuation. A leaseback vehicle is available.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 6 December 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Manager Growth Planning – 02 6801 4670
HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you’ll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)