- TAFE NSW encourages people with a Disability to apply
- Join the supportive Dubbo teaching team in an engaging Teacher of Auslan role
- 35-hour week with flexible work arrangements and multiple employee benefits
About TAFE NSW
TAFE NSW supports and empowers thousands of students in hundreds of courses across multiple campuses and online. We are one of Australia’s largest vocational education and training providers.
An exciting opportunity to teach Auslan within the Career Pathways, Aboriginal Languages and Employability team on the Dubbo campus on a temporary full time basis for 12 months with the possibility of extension. The Auslan teacher will be delivering accredited and non-accredited training to a diverse range of students. The role of the TAFE teacher as a professional educator is to help, construct, guide and enhance the educative process. The teacher delivers educational programs and facilitates learning, enabling students to achieve their desired outcomes. With the custom-built Auslan Connected Learning Point in Dubbo, you will have the capacity to connect with students across NSW via advanced technology.
You are passionate about sharing your extensive industry expertise, knowledge and lived experiences with your students. You are motivated to work as part of a collaborative and dynamic teaching team and are committed to building the skills of students. With the ability to keep an audience engaged you are also patient and flexible in your approach and able to create a learning environment that is supportive, stimulating and fosters independence.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- Auslan qualifications or ability to demonstrate relevant competency.
- Hold the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116 or TAE40110 with the two additional units) or a Diploma in VET or Adult Education or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years post-qualification experience in industry relevant to your qualifications, gained no longer than five years previously.
- Be prepared to continue to develop their Vocational Education and Training (VET) knowledge and skills as well as their industry currency and trainer/assessor competence.
- Deaf and hard of hearing individuals are strongly encouraged to apply
To be considered for this position, you will be able to demonstrate ability in all the Essential Requirements in the Position Description below.
This is a targeted position, and we warmly encourage applications from People with Disability.
Please note: TAFE temporary teacher applications will be considered in order of priority.
All eligible persons whether internal or external to TAFE NSW are able to apply, however a Temporary Teacher Priority Assessment will be undertaken for this role. More information can be found .
How to Apply
For your application to be considered
- Attach an updated resume
- Attach a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and how you meet the Essential Requirements as per the Position Description above
- Provide certified copies of your qualifications and transcripts
- Click ‘Apply Now’ where you will be required to complete the pre-screening questions including 2 targeted questions (max 300 words per response)
Closing Date: 1 July 2022 at 11.59pm
Role specific enquiries: Jayne Walsh, TL Career Pathways, Aboriginal Languages & Employability Skills, via email Jayne.Walsh6@tafensw.edu.au or 0428 279 832.
Technical Issues: If you experience difficulties whilst submitting your application online at JobsNSW please contact the support team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1800 562 679.
You will be required to undertake a national criminal history check and obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance as a condition of employment. For more information, visit Office of the Children’s Guardian website.
A suitability list may be created for this position, and position(s) of the same classification that subsequently become vacant may be filled using this suitability list.
Our Commitment to your health, safety and well-being
TAFE NSW is committed to continuing to provide a safe workplace and have put systems and support in place for all our employees to work and deliver safely and flexibly through the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all TAFE NSW employees. You will be required to provide satisfactory evidence that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencement with TAFE NSW. Medical Exemptions are only available if you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical contraindications. All applications for a medical exemption will be managed in accordance with the TAFE NSW COVID Vaccination Policy.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At TAFE NSW, we are committed to creating an inclusive workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
We will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please contact Sue-Ellen Brown via email@example.com
Key Application Responses
- Provide an overview of your experience conversing in Auslan at a proficient user level and your interaction/involvement within the Deaf community.
- Describe a recent example where you worked with a group of people and identify some of the successful strategies you used to engage and nurture them through their learning journey.