- Become a Part Time Casual Teacher at a world class education provider
- Role based at Dubbo
- $83 per hour – teaching duties
TAFE NSW is the largest skills and training provider in Australia, and one of the largest in the world. We partner with industry to deliver relevant, high quality, practical training to equip the workforce of tomorrow, and to help grow the NSW economy.
TAFE NSW is looking for qualified, experienced individuals who wish to be considered for Part Time Casual Teaching opportunities in Business Administration sections as they arise.
We are looking for experienced subject matter experts across all areas of Business, including experience working in Business Administration,
To succeed in the role, you will need to be an experienced worker in Business environments, with a minimum of 3 years, post qualification, industry experience. You are aware of current industry requirements and have a willingness to continue to obtain industry knowledge. You have the drive and engagement to share your knowledge and expertise within the industry with a diverse range of students. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to share information with your peers and students face to face and when required, using innovative connected learning platforms.
The role of the TAFE teacher as a professional educator is to help, construct, guide and enhance the educative process. The teacher delivers educational programs and facilitates learning, enabling students to achieve their desired outcomes.
Be a part of an organisation that makes a difference to people’s lives!
To be considered for the role you will need to meet the following requirements;
- Hold Certificate IV, Diploma or Degree in Business, Business Administration
- Hold Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or equivalent
- Minimum three years (post qualification) or equivalent, relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a Business/Business Administration role with proven knowledge of current industry trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining professional currency
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with students and peers
- Drive, commitment and ability to facilitate learning in an adult environment
- Great team player who strives to achieve success for your all students
Part Time Casual Teacher Suitability Lists are maintained to ensure that there is a sufficient number of appropriately qualified and experienced persons who can be engaged as a part time casual teacher. Offers of employment are dependent on availability of work during the period that the list is valid. Please note that placement on a suitability list does not constitute an offer of employment, nor does it guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
How to Apply
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Attach an updated resume including qualifications relevant to the position
- Attach a cover letter outlining your interest in the role
- Click ‘Apply now’ where you are required to answer two targeted questions (max 300 words)
Applications Close: Monday 25th October 2021 at 11.59pm
Role Enquiries – Susan Lockett, Team Leader, Business, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries – Tracey Klein, Talent Acquisition Lead, email@example.com
As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance. For permanent positions you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. For temporary positions, it is generally acceptable for you to have a current visa that allows you to work in Australia.
TAFE NSW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
We encourage applications from people with a disability and will make any reasonable adjustment that you need both in the interview process and on the job – if you need assistance or if you have any questions in relation to the recruitment or application process please contact Tracey Klein via firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Application Responses
Responses to the following questions will be required as part of the application process. Please prepare your responses in a word document and copy and paste as required. Please limit your responses to a max 300 words per response.
- Provide an overview of your experience working in a Business-related field and what motivates you to become a Casual Part Time Teacher at TAFE NSW
- As a TAFE Teacher, you are required to maintain and update your professional currency in your field of expertise. If you were to be successful in your application for this role and were to receive a teaching program, how would you ensure that your skills and knowledge are up to date?