Western NSW Local Health District
Employment Type: Permanent (Staff Specialist) / Sessional (Visiting Medical Officer)
Position Classification: Staff Specialist / Visiting Medical Officer
Remuneration: As per NSW Health Awards / Determination
Location: Dubbo, NSW
Applications Close: 16 Aug 2021 – 11.59pm
About the opportunity
Do you have a passion for medicine and wish to practice in a rural setting? Do you have a strong work ethic and interested in working with vulnerable communities? Do you have an open mind and a desire for career progression? Would you like to live and work in an environment with open spaces, sunshine and time on your side? A move to Dubbo could make all the difference!
The Emergency Medicine Consultant will provide contemporary comprehensive specialist services for optimal patient outcomes and provide support training to clinicians across multiple disciplines to achieve quality education and safe clinical practice.
What we can offer you
- Country living with a meaningful career path
- Flexible work hours
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the Fitness Passport
- Opportunities for learning and development, including in-house training with My Health Learning and the NSW Health RTO
- Professional growth and accelerated career progression
Where you’ll be working
You will be based at Dubbo Health Service, a part of the Western NSW Local Health District. For more information on living and working in our beautiful region, visit our website Western NSW Health Careers.
Dubbo Health Service is a major rural referral hospital and part of the Western NSW Local Health District. It provides a range of acute inpatient and ambulatory care services including general medical and surgical, maternity, gynaecology, paediatrics, rehabilitation, critical care, mental health, renal dialysis, oncology, palliative care, hospital in the home and diagnostic services.
The Health Service also offers a wide range of primary and community health services including child and family health services, mental health services and antenatal and post-natal services.
Dubbo Health Service is undergoing remarkable transformations under the Dubbo Hospital Redevelopment project. With Stages 1 and 2 ($91.3 million) complete, the final Stages 3 and 4 ($150 million) will include:
- A new Emergency Department and Short Stay Unit
- A new Medical Imaging Unit
- A new Ambulatory Care Unit
- A new Renal Dialysis Unit (originally part of 1 and 2 works)
- A new Critical Care Floor comprising of:
– Coronary Care/Stroke Unit
– Intensive Care Unit
– Cardiac Catheter Laboratory (and Angiography Laboratory space)
- A new front of house entry and drop off zone
- A new Inpatient Unit
- Expansion to Oncology
- A new Front of House entry and drop of zone
- Upgrade of Women’s and Children’s Community Health; and
- Additional car parking on campus
All of the latest information about the redevelopment of Dubbo Health Service can be found on our website: www.dubbohospitalredevelopment.health.nsw.gov.au.
Watch our video featuring married Specialists, Dr Florian Honeyball and Dr Kate Crossley who talk about how a move to Dubbo has super-charged and fast-tracked their medical careers and benefitted their personal lives. A move to Dubbo could make all the difference!
To apply, please address the following Selection Criteria
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement.
- Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time.
- Fellowship of the applicable College.
How do I apply for this role?
Please Apply via ecredentials –
Need more information?
- Click here for the Position Description and the Statement of Duties
- For role related queries or questions contact Courtney Bayada on email@example.com or (02) 6809 8508
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases
If you are applying for a Category A position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
Stepping Up – Close the Gap
The Stepping Up website aims to assist Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander applicants understand how to apply for roles with NSW Health by clarifying the recruitment and on-boarding process. For more information, please visit: http://bit.ly/WNSWLHDSteppingUp.
Applicants holding a visa with working rights may be considered for temporary appointment (up to the expiry date of their visa) where no suitable applicant for permanent appointment is identified.