Western NSW Local Health District
Employment Type: Permanent (Staff Specialist) / Sessional (Visiting Medical Officer)
Position Classification: Staff Specialist / Visiting Medical Officer
Remuneration: Staff Specialist $246,059 – $332,434 pa / Visiting Medical Officer Determination
Hours Per Week: 40 hrs pw / As per roster
Requisition ID: REQ139379
Number of FTE: 2.00
Location: Dubbo, NSW
Applications Close: 2 Dec 2021 – 11.59pm
About the opportunity
Do you have a passion for medicine and wish to practice in a rural setting? Do you have a strong work ethic and interested in working with vulnerable communities? Do you have an open mind and a desire for career progression? Would you like to live and work in an environment with open spaces, sunshine and time on your side? A move to Dubbo could make all the difference!
Watch our video from Dubbo Anesthetist Ali Zwain who explains why the new surgical services at Dubbo Health Service makes for a rewarding career with promising horizons for the future.
What we can offer you
- Country living with a meaningful career path
- Flexible work hours
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the Fitness Passport
- Opportunities for learning and development, including in-house training with My Health Learning and the NSW Health RTO
- Professional growth and accelerated career progression
You will be based at Dubbo Health Service, a part of the Western NSW Local Health District. For more information on living and working in our beautiful region, visit our website Western NSW Health Careers.
If you’re considering a tree change, Dubbo provides one of the best Australia has to offer.
It is a place where cafes and farms are within minutes of each other; where the people are relaxed and welcoming – and really mean it when they ask how you are. The community of about 40,000 people is growing with economic development, such as our Dubbo Hospital Redevelopment.
With boutique shops, major chain supermarkets and retailers, weekend markets, wineries and parks, affordable housing and property prices, the iconic Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Charles Sturt University, TAFE Western Campus, 16 private and public schools, early learning and child care and so much more, life in Dubbo really is a package deal.
There are so many opportunities in the region. Find out more about all of the exciting things to do and see in Dubbo by visiting www.dubbo.com.au/Visit/visitor-guide.
Please visit our Dubbo Hospital Careers website www.dubbohospitalcareers.com.au to hear first-hand from current staff about their experiences working and living in Dubbo and why they will never look back. Stay up to date with the latest news on job vacancies, events, activities and news about the current $241 million redevelopment.
Dubbo Health Service is currently undergoing a major transformation to provide expanded and upgraded clinical services to the people of Western NSW. All of the latest information about the redevelopment of Dubbo Health Service can be found on our website: www.dubbohospitalredevelopment.health.nsw.gov.au.
To apply, please address the following Selection Criteria
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement.
- Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time.
- Fellowship of the applicable College.
How do I apply for this role?
Please apply for this position via our eCredential website.
Need more information?
- Click here for the Position Description and the Statement of Duties
- For role related queries or questions contact Courtney Bayada at email@example.com or (02) 6809 8508
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases
If you are applying for a Category A position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
Stepping Up – Close the Gap
The Stepping Up website aims to assist Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander applicants understand how to apply for roles with NSW Health by clarifying the recruitment and on-boarding process. For more information, please visit: http://bit.ly/WNSWLHDSteppingUp.
Applicants holding a visa with working rights may be considered for temporary appointment (up to the expiry date of their visa) where no suitable applicant for permanent appointment is identified.