Southern NSW Local Health District
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Staff Specialist
Remuneration: $246,059 – $332,434 (These figures are inclusive of superannuation and allowances)
Hours Per Week: 40 hours per week
Location: Dubbo, NSW
Applications Close: 9 Jan 2022 – 11.59pm
Western NSW Local Health District is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability and people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our advertised positions. If you require any assistance with your application or have any questions about this position, please get in touch with the contact person listed in this advertisement.
About the opportunity
Dubbo Health Service is now looking for a Full Time Staff Specialist in Haematology to join the team in Dubbo.
The Staff Specialist will provide contemporary comprehensive specialist services for optimal patient outcomes and provide support training to clinicians across multiple disciplines to achieve quality education and safe clinical practice.
The current Haematology team at Dubbo comprises of two Haematologists and one Clinical Nurse Specialist (Care Coordinator). This position will join the team and will be based in Dubbo with opportunities available to do lab work and outreach clinics.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a supportive environment as part of a growing team at Dubbo Health Service. If you are an experienced Haematologist looking for your next move, we would like to hear from you!
What we can offer you
- Country living with a meaningful career path
- Flexible work practices (as appropriate to the position and negotiated with your manager)
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the Fitness Passport
- Opportunities for learning and development, including in-house training with My Health Learning and the NSW Health RTO
- Professional growth and accelerated career progression
Where you’ll be working
You will be based at Dubbo Health Service, a part of the Western NSW Local Health District. For more information on living and working in our beautiful region, visit our website Western NSW Health Careers.
Dubbo Health Service is a part of the Western NSW Local Health District and a major rural referral hospital providing critical care, specialist medical inpatient and outpatient services, surgery, mental health and many specialized allied health and medical outreach services.
For more information about the redevelopment of Dubbo Health Service please visit www.dubbohospitalredevelopment.health.nsw.gov.au
Living & Working in Dubbo
If you’re considering a tree change, Dubbo provides one of the best Australia has to offer. It is a major regional city about 420 kilometers north-west of Sydney. Dubbo has a thriving town centre and there are daily flights, trains and buses to the eastern seaboard. There are various options for family living including child care and schools, sports facilities, recreation and entertainment as well as cafes and restaurants and is truly a package deal!
Find out more about living and working in Dubbo at https://dubbo.com.au/live.
Also visit our website www.dubbohospitalcareers.com.au for interviews and testimonials from our current staff about their experiences moving to Dubbo.
To apply, please address the following Selection Criteria
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement.
- Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time.
- Fellowship of the applicable College.
How do I apply for this role?
Please apply for this position via our eCredential website. NSW Health does not require or accept the ‘fit2work’ badge offered as an option in eCredential.
Note: Applications submitted by Recruitment Agencies will not be considered for this position.
Need more information?
- Click here for the Position Description and Statement of Duties
- For role related queries or questions contact Dr James Yeung via email email@example.com or 0411 308 208
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases
If you are applying for a Category A position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
Stepping Up – Close the Gap
The Aboriginal Employment Strategy (AES) is working in partnership with the Western NSW Local Health District to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants wishing to apply for this role. For more information please contact the AES recruitment team on (02) 6882 8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, applicants can visit our website for more information.
Applicants holding a visa with working rights may be considered for temporary appointment (up to the expiry date of their visa) where no suitable applicant for permanent appointment is identified.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.