Western NSW Local Health District
: Permanent Full Time
: Staff Specialist
: $246,059 – $332,434 (These amounts are inclusive of superannuation and allowances)
: 40 hours per week
1 Jun 2022 – 11.59pm
Dubbo Health Service is now looking for a Full Time Staff Specialist in Haematology to join the team in Dubbo.
The Staff Specialist will provide contemporary comprehensive specialist services for optimal patient outcomes and provide support training to clinicians across multiple disciplines to achieve quality education and safe clinical practice.
The current Haematology team at Dubbo comprises of two Haematologists and one Clinical Nurse Specialist (Care Coordinator). This position will join the team and will be based in Dubbo at the new Western Cancer Centre with opportunities available to do lab work and outreach clinics.
The Western Cancer Centre is a brand new centre that opened recently and provides holistic services to Western NSW. The centre has expanded and upgraded clinical services including 16 Chemotherapy chairs, Radiotherapy services, and for the first time a Positron Emission Tomography – Computed Tomography (PET/CT) Scan for cancer diagnostics is available in a regional location.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a supportive environment as part of a growing team at Dubbo Health Service. If you are an experienced Haematologist looking for your next move, we would like to hear from you!
- Country living with a meaningful career path
- Flexible work practices (as appropriate to the position and negotiated with your manager)
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the
- Opportunities for learning and development, including in-house training with and the NSW Health RTO
- Professional growth and accelerated career progression
You will be based at Dubbo Health Service, a part of the Western NSW Local Health District. For more information on living and working in our beautiful region, visit our website
Dubbo Health Service is a part of the Western NSW Local Health District and a major rural referral hospital providing critical care, specialist medical inpatient and outpatient services, surgery, mental health and many specialized allied health and medical outreach services.
For more information about the redevelopment of Dubbo Health Service please visit
Living & Working in Dubbo
If you’re considering a tree change, Dubbo provides one of the best Australia has to offer. It is a major regional city about 420 kilometers north-west of Sydney. Dubbo has a thriving town centre and there are daily flights, trains and buses to the eastern seaboard. There are various options for family living including child care and schools, sports facilities, recreation and entertainment as well as cafes and restaurants and is truly a package deal!
Find out more about living and working in Dubbo at .
Also visit our website for interviews and testimonials from our current staff about their experiences moving to Dubbo.
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement.
- Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time.
- Fellowship of the applicable College.
- Click here for the
- For role related queries or questions contact Dr Sue Moreton via email or 02 6809 6209
If you are applying for a Category A position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive . All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
Applicants holding a visa with working rights may be considered for temporary appointment (up to the expiry date of their visa) where no suitable applicant for permanent appointment is identified.