Western NSW Local Health District
: Permanent Full Time
: Staff Specialist
: $171,167 – $211,224 pa
: 40 hours per week
5 Jul 2021 – 11.59pm
Are you a Cardiologist looking for your next career move? A move to Dubbo could make all the difference!
Dubbo Health Service is now looking for a Full Time Staff Specialist in Cardiology (Non Interventional) to provide comprehensive general cardiology services to patients in Western NSW.
The position will be based at Dubbo and will focus on a range of general cardiology care services to patients including performance/ reporting of ECG, stress testing, stress echo, transthoracic echo and trans oesophageal echo.
This position will also participate in the on call cardiology roster for the area wide LHD ECG reading service along with providing cardiology outreach services within the local health district.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a supportive environment as part of a growing team at Dubbo Health Service.
- Country living with a meaningful career path
- Flexible work practices (as appropriate to the position and negotiated with your manager)
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the
- Opportunities for learning and development, including in-house training with and the NSW Health RTO
- Professional growth and accelerated career progression
- Incentives including relocation assistance and accommodation support,
You will be based at Dubbo Health Service, a part of the Western NSW Local Health District. For more information on living and working in our beautiful region, visit our website
If you’re considering a tree change, Dubbo provides one of the best Australia has to offer. It is a major regional city with a population of about 52,000 people situated on the beautiful Macquarie River, 420 kilometers north-west of Sydney. It is a progressive city with a thriving town centre.
For more information on living and working in Dubbo, visit https://dubbo.com.au/live.
Also visit our website www.dubbohospitalcareers.com.au for interviews and testimonials from our current staff about their experiences moving to Dubbo.
Dubbo Health Service is a part of the Western NSW Local Health District and a major rural referral hospital providing critical care, specialist medical inpatient and outpatient services, surgery, mental health and many specialized allied health and medical outreach services.
Dubbo Health Service is currently undergoing a major transformation to provide expanded and upgraded clinical services to the people of Western NSW.
All of the latest information about the redevelopment of Dubbo Health Service can be found on our website:
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement.
- Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time.
- Fellowship of the applicable College.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the performance and reporting of echocardiograms and transoesophageal echo, sufficient to support an on-call echocardiography service.
- Demonstrated participation in, and commitment to quality assurance activities relevant to Cardiology practice.
- Click here for the
- For role related queries or questions contact Dr Kanishka Kamaladasa via email or 0448 825 925
If you are applying for a Category A position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive . All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
Applicants holding a visa with working rights may be considered for temporary appointment (up to the expiry date of their visa) where no suitable applicant for permanent appointment is identified.