Transport For NSW
- Permanant Full time opportunity – replacement/backfill (Grade 7)
- Dubbo location (must be able to travel to and work from Dubbo regional office 2-3 days/week)
- Competitive salary and benefits
Transport for NSW (TFNSW) is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions. We work with several government agencies to coordinate metro, train, bus, ferry, light rail, road and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do.
About the Team
Within the Corporate Services branch of TFNSW is the Transport Shared Services (TSS) responsible to provide business support to more than 26000 customers. Additionally, TSS services over 300,000 external customers ranging from Local Government representatives to citizens. Over the last year, TSS has implemented a strategy to lead the direction of the organisation towards workforce digitisation, emphasising customer experience and growing the business’s value proposition and services.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage a team of support officers, officers and consultants in providing tier 0 and tier 1 enquiry and transactional processing services in a multi-channel environment and building a strong customer-service culture.
The role identifies and implements opportunities for service delivery improvement in all areas of operations including resource management, building skills and capabilities in the team, and continuously improving processes, systems and the knowledge base.
In additon to People leadership reponsibilites, you will have regular reporting and approval duties.
Please click here to view a copy of the position description.
To be successful in this role, you will have but are not limited to;
- Knowledge and experience with ticketing systems
- Experience leading a team or working in a contact centre environment
- People Leaderships experience > 12 months – comfortable conducting 1-1 performance conversations, setting KPIs and creating a positive team culture
- Strong communications skills with the ability to manage escalations
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines while working in a high volume environment
- Ability to trouble-shoot root causes and address customer issues in a systemic way, driving continuous improvement outcomes
- Advanced customer service skills
- Embrace technology and learn multiple new systems simultaneously
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is Grade 7 ($106,086 – $118,816) per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here.
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and answer all questions within the online application process.
Applications Close: 11:59 pm Sunday 5th December, 2021.
We are the community we serve
We are committed to being an inclusive, diverse and flexible workplace where differences are valued. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experience and abilities.
We enable our people to work in ways that work for them and their teams. Working virtually and from different locations including regional locations, staggering work hours and job sharing are just some of the ways our people can work flexibly.
Please contact the Talent Specialist below if you require any adjustments to be made to how you interact with us throughout the recruitment process or would like to discuss flexible work options. ?
For any enquiries, please email Christina Park at CHRISTINA.PARK@TRANSPORT.NSW.GOV.AU. ?
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us.
Check out this useful video series that will help you stand out from other applicants and navigate the recruitment process at Transport. View here?. ? ?
All Transport workers are required to have:
- at least one dose of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine by 6 December 2021 and two doses by 7 February 2022; or
- an approved medical contraindication.
You will be required to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status or apply for a medical exemption prior to securing this role.