Transport for NSW
Transport for NSW (TfNSW) is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions. We work with several government agencies to coordinate metro, train, bus, ferry, light rail, road and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do.
At Transport for NSW (TfNSW), people are at the centre of everything we do and the driving force of our success. It’s a team that will affect the lives of millions of people every day, connecting the population of NSW and shaping the future of our cities, centres and regions. It’s an exciting journey and a great time to join our team as we transform NSW
Right now, we have a number of temporary 12 month fixed term contract opportunities available in our Procurement team within TSS Service Centre. Working as a Shared Services Support Officer, you will be responsible for providing customer support to multi-channel customers for procurement related enquiries, as well as processing transactions and working cooperatively within the team.
Your Key accountabilities are:
- Provide consistently high-quality customer service by interpreting and resolving first-contact enquiries from internal customers and external vendor, public, and industry enquiries in a fast-paced shared services environment.
- Process a range of transactions across the service line accurately and efficiently, referencing shared service knowledge articles to ensure the transaction is consistently executed accordingly to requirements.
- Effectively use a range of computerised systems, technology and telephony solutions to undertake work tasks, triage, refer or escalate work tasks, enter data and maintain up to date records in order to facilitate work allocation, performance analysis and service improvement.
Please click here to view a copy of the position description.
You will have previously worked within finance and customer service with knowledge of processes in a contact centre, service centre, shared service, corporate or managed service environment. This is a Customer focussed position, therefore you’ll need to have a passion for providing excellent Customer service, be adaptable and able to work on a number of different tasks during your day.
Most importantly you will:
- Be a quick learner being tech savy and become familiar with various systems and technology.
- Enjoy problem solving different customer issues and getting to the bottom of things quickly and effectively
- Be an enthusiastic, friendly person with an emphasis on assisting others and being part of the new culture within our high performing team.
- Communicate effectively both written and verbally, using defined processes, computerised systems, telephony and technology solutions to respond to customers as required.
- Thrive under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in our Dubbo office when required.
Salary and benefits
The salary for this position is a Grade 3A ($66,416) – 3E ($73,056) per annum, plus superannuation and leave loading.
TfNSW has flexible work arrangements for this position with the ability to WFH at the discretion of the manager.
For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here.
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and answer all questions within the online application process.
Applications close: 11:59pm Thursday 29th August 2021
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us.
We are the community we serve
We are committed to being an inclusive, diverse and flexible workplace where differences are valued. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experience and abilities.
We enable our people to work in ways that work for them and their teams. Working virtually and from different locations including regional locations, staggering work hours and job sharing are just some of the ways our people can work flexibly.
Please contact the Talent Specialist below if you require any adjustments to be made to how you interact with us throughout the recruitment process or would like to discuss flexible work options.
For any enquiries, please email Christopher Woodbyrne at CHRIS.WOODBYRNE@TRANSPORT.NSW.GOV.AU
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us ? ?