As Australia’s first member-owned wellbeing company we are dedicated to helping people thrive. We put our people first, customers, clients, partners and communities.
The Home Care service program delivers in-home support services to aging clients to help them live independently, supported and empowered, within their own homes and communities.
In these unprecedented times, we must do what we do best: We connect. We Respect. We make it possible.
About Your New Role
As a Service Coordinator you will be the primary point of contact for our customers and your own team of Care Workers based at our Dubbo Office on a permanent full time basis. You will focus on part of Dubbo and the Peak Hill areas.
Your key objective will be to manage and lead a team of Care Workers, who deliver our services across Domestic and Personal Care services.
You will enjoy being active in your local community meeting with clients and their families. You will also be a real enabler for your team of Care Workers to deliver the BEST in tailored services and care, which truly empowers clients to be living at home both happily and safely.
You will lead and manage the following:
- Manage and lead a Home Care service team, including the operational leadership of a team of Care Workers.
- Assist the Branch Manager with overall leadership support for the area, it’s staff and clients
- Ensure excellence in client service delivery, including managing the assessment of client care and goal planning and the successful on-boarding of new clients.
- Managing client escalations and complaints to a high level of resolution.
- Developing exceptional relationships with both existing and new clients and their families.
- Developing effective collaborative relationships with other relevant service providers, including Community Support, Clinical and Allied Health services
Does this sound like you?
- Strong and proven People Leadership experience, including developing and maintaining team performance
- Experience managing remote direct reports and a dispersed workforce would be highly regarded
- Experience managing a high volume client caseload, including complex client care needs, service allocation, compliance and case management
- The ability to relate to and effectively support an elderly client group
- Some knowledge of Home Care Packages would be highly beneficial.
- Previous experience managing a service area or program within a Health Care, Aged Care or Community Service organisation highly regarded
Why Join Us:
- Diverse role! A mix of office and community based work
- Moving to a new office in January 2022
- Join our great, supportive Dubbo team
- Yearly Paid Community Day
- Competitive Remuneration
- Use of shared branch vehicle for client visits and business
- Flexible Work Options – We believe in a work life balance and flexibility that allows people to thrive at work PLUS great work from home options
- Supported learning and development program to assist your career pathway
What Makes Us, Us?
- We’re all about lifelong learning
- We’re all about supporting your wellbeing
- We take care of our people, they take care of our customers
We’re all about making a bigger difference together
If you want to join a team which makes a real difference within an essential service, apply today!
At Australian Unity the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and our customers is our highest priority. In recognition that COVID-19 is affecting the way we work and creating new and sometimes challenging issues for our people, we have special leave arrangements in place and strengthened measures to support employee mental health and wellbeing. All successful persons will be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination prior to commencing employment. Your Talent Acquisition Specialist will help guide you through this requirement, we thank you for your understanding and support during these unprecedented times.
Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and, mature aged people. To view our Reconciliation Action Plan, please click https://www.australianunity.com.au/about-us/reconciliation-action-plan