Department of Regional NSW
- 2 Years, Temporary full-time role
- Office location options – Armidale, Coffs Harbour, Dubbo or Queanbeyan
- Annual salary starting from $113,343 + superannuation + leave entitlements
- Clerk Grade 9/10
- Make an impact on the lives of people in Regional NSW
Our Department is responsible for building resilient regional economies and communities, strengthening primary industries, managing the use of regional land, overseeing the state’s mineral and mining resources and ensuring government investment in regional NSW is fair and delivers positive outcomes for local communities and businesses.
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees, and people with disability. We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services. We provide dignified access to reasonable adjustments both during the recruitment process and in the workplace. If you require reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process, please call or text the contact for this role.
About the Role
The Senior Finance Officer is responsible for financial projects to improve internal processes and structures, and the management of branch financial systems, general ledger and records administration, and the provision of financial reporting in accordance with statutory requirements.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Finance Officer role include, but not limited to:
- Deliver financial projects to improve internal processes
- Maintain program financial reporting requirements
- Financial forecasting and modelling
- Complete complex balance sheet reconciliations and proactively investigate and resolve anomalies
- Working collaboratively and supporting the team to achieve business outcomes
- Undertake in depth analysis of the Branch budget
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to promptly resolve issues and respond to enquiries.
- Provide advice, information, and guidance on financial matters across the agency
This role will ensure the provision of accurate data in conjunction with maintaining the accuracy of all records.
This role reports to the Manager.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional with experience in medium to long term financial and commercial strategic planning.
You thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment and are confident in exercising autonomy to adjust own workload and priorities within established policy and procedures.
- Degree qualification in Finance, Commerce, Business, Economics or similar field, or currently completing a Degree qualification, or extensive relevant practical experience
If you have the capability to achieve success in this role and are interested in creating a more prosperous NSW, we would love to hear from you!
Applying for the Role
To apply, please attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter (two-page maximum) that tells us about your relevant skills and experience.
Application Closing Date – Sunday 24 October 2021 11:55pm
For further information about this opportunity please contact Nathan Lee, Manager – Snowy Hydro Legacy Fund on 9737 4849 or via firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to view the role description.
A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing and temporary roles of the same standard that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months. The successful applicant in this role may be required to undergo a police check, health assessment and other assessments as required.
Please note that NSW Government expects all NSW government sector employees who can be safely vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine to do so.