Department of Regional NSW
- Term: Ongoing
- Work Type: Full-time or part-time – choose what suits you!
- Salary range: $113,343 to $124,901pa plus superannuation and annual leave loading
- Location: Armidale (preferred), Dubbo, Coffs Harbour or Queanbeyan
- A talent pool will be created for future vacancies over the next 18 months
Department of Regional NSW is responsible for building resilient regional economies and communities, strengthening primary industries, managing the use of regional land, overseeing the state’s mineral and mining resources and ensuring government investment in regional NSW is fair and delivers positive outcomes for local communities and businesses.
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees, and people with disability.We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services.We provide dignified access to reasonable adjustments both during the recruitment process and in the workplace. If you require reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process, please call or text the contact for this role.
The role will involve developing and implementing strategic communications strategies for DPIs Strategy & Engagement Branch that best position the Department to achieve its corporate objectives and deliver on Government priorities. Partnering with key internal stakeholders, you will provide timely and informed advice on communications related matters to Executives and senior management to assist the Branch to maximise connections with industries, communities and people.
As Senior Communications Officer you will also act as a communications point of contact for the team and key areas of the Department, managing the strategic approach, prioritisation and implementation of communications approaches and campaigns, as well as developing and implementing suitable metrics to measure and report on their effectiveness.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced communications professional to partner with passionate internal stakeholders to deliver value-add communications strategies and see tangible results for stakeholders. This role is being offered on a full-time basis however a part-time work arrangement will be considered for the right candidate.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in communications and/or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in effective stakeholder engagement, preferably within a government environment, and experience planning and delivering community engagement activities and events.
- Exceptional communication skills
The NSW Department of Primary Industries (NSW DPI) supports the development of profitable primary industries that create a more prosperous NSW and contributes to a better environment through the sustainable use of natural resources.
DPI Strategy and Engagement develops and drives whole of DPI strategic priorities including Cabinet and legislation, corporate affairs and Parliament, market intelligence and forecasting, science risks and opportunities, and stakeholder and international engagement.
For further information about the role please contact Jamie Jones at email@example.com
Alternatively click here to view the role description.
What’s on Offer?
- We value our people. Work is meant to be enjoyed! We believe in a flexible and relaxed working environment allowing people to operate in a manner that cultivates a friendly culture and reduces stress levels.
- A culture of ambition, support, and inclusivity. We are passionate about what we do, and we want to work with those who share that same drive. We promote an open-door policy and encourage collaboration between all staff.
Applying is Easy!
To apply simply attach a current resume (of no more than five pages) plus a cover letter (no more than two pages) which demonstrates how your previous experience and capabilities make you an ideal candidate for this role.
Closing Date: Tuesday 26th October 2021 at 11:55pm
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months. If you are viewing this advertisement on LinkedIn, please click ‘Apply’ to access more information about this role via the I Work for NSW website.
Please note that NSW Government expects all NSW government sector employees who can be safely vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine to do so.