Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
The Revenue Officer is responsible for ensuring that all Council revenue is correctly recorded and accurately processed in a timely manner through the processing of receipts, receipt reversals and receipt reallocations, including matching relevant financial transactions to the bank statements.
This maximum term contract is to cover a period of parental leave of three months.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Conduct auditing of daily revenue summaries and bank deposit slips ensuring deposits are made to the correct funds,
- Correctly allocate all bank charges,
- Extract and process periodic direct debits for ratepayers and accounts receivable clients,
- Reconcile suspense accounts and general ledger numbers, and
- Report monthly on outstanding cashbook items and unpresented bank account transactions.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Certificate III Business, Finance, Administration or relevant discipline,
- Demonstrated customer service skills,
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft applications, including Word and Excel, and
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with sound organisation and time management skills. You will have excellent attention to detail and thrive in a diverse and challenging professional environment. You will value the opportunity to develop your skills across a range of accounting functions and areas.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including access to DRC fitness passport program, wellbeing program and access to salary sacrificed child care. Furthermore DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
Salary: $59,655-$69,329 per annum, plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 20 December 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Accounts Receivable Team Leader – 6801 4282
HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you’ll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)