Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
This position is responsible for the enforcement of animal control, pollution and health control matters. The Ranger is also responsible for providing public education in relation to these matters. There will be a requirement to work between both Dubbo and Wellington Offices.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
Work with community groups and individuals as well as be a part of a team that specialises in providing education programs that highlight the importance of regulatory acts in relation to animal welfare, water and waste pollution and support the environmental health team in managing instances if unhealthy land.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Certificate IV Local Government (Regulatory Services) or equivalent experience/qualifications, or the ability to obtain within 12 (twelve) months of commencement;
- Demonstrated ability to handle companion animals and other animals, and a willingness to undertake animal handling training, including dangerous dogs;
- Well-developed computer literacy and administration skills;
- High level written and verbal communication skills including conflict resolution and report writing;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team; and
- Demonstrated ability to interpret legislation and policy relevant to the position.
You will be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills. Additionally, you will possess good literacy and administration skills and have demonstrated experience in handling multiple types of animals, including companion animals and livestock.
You will be a team player who continually looks for positive ways to contribute to team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave (pro-rated), access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
Rainbow Cottage Childcare
Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
Novated Vehicle Leasing
Remote Area Housing Assistance
Work Related Self Education Expenses
Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
Airline Lounge Memberships
Disability/Income Protection Insurance
Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $64,721-$75,218 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Wednesday 20 October 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Manager Environmental Compliance – 6801 4630.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you’ll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)