Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
The Property Specialist will administer land matters and associated systems and procedures including Crown Lands under the responsibility of Council, Plans of Management, road closures, compulsory land acquisitions, and other property transactions, to ensure Council obtains best value and effectively meets its relevant legislative obligations.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Crown Land Management; including performing the role of Council’s principal Native Title Manager, being the prime point of contact for native title and Aboriginal Land Claim matters, preparing and reviewing plans of management and policy documents for lands under Council’s control and management.
- Provision of advice and information on reserves, planning and land management issues, liaison with Council’s legal representatives on Native Title and aboriginal land claim matters.
- Provision of advice on development applications in relation to Native Title and Crown Land tenure issues and requirements.
- Property dealings; including land acquisitions, liaison with Council’s Infrastructure Division, property acquisition and disposal and land investigations.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Tertiary qualifications in natural resource management, environmental sciences, town planning, legal studies, property valuation, or a related discipline; or equivalent relevant industry experience.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong organisational, administrative, and time management skills.
You are an experienced Property Specialist (Conveyancing/property legislation) who is good with deadlines, providing excellent customer service and a team player with excellent attention to detail. You will also have solid experience in negotiating and preparing documents relating to the purchase and management of property assets, in addition to a practical and commercial approach. Strong property legislation experience will be an advantage, and you will have the ability to work both autonomously and in a team.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
Rainbow Cottage Childcare
Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
Remote Area Housing Assistance
Work Related Self Education Expenses
Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
Airline Lounge Memberships
Disability/Income Protection Insurance
Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
Salary: $77,595-$90,177 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9:00am Monday 27 June 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Manager Property and Land Development – 6801 4346.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you’ll have the opportunity to attach your resume and copies of applicable qualifications.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)