Planning, Industry and Environment
- 18 Month Temporary Fulltime opportunity
- Located in either Dubbo or Maitland
- Salary from $97,152 pa plus super (Clerk Grade 7/8)
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees, and people with disability. We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services. We provide dignified access to reasonable adjustments both during the recruitment process and in the workplace. If you require reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process, please email the contact for this role.
The Department of Regional NSW is currently looking for an experienced Performance Reporting Officer for collection, analysis, evaluation and dissemination of intelligence regarding mining and petroleum activity in NSW to improve visibility of compliance risks and performance, support decision-making, and identify trends, patterns and clusters of interest.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience and or tertiary qualifications in intelligence analysis, evaluation, regulation, project management, or compliance-related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in a regulatory environment and/or including knowledge of evaluation or intelligence processes, methodologies and techniques.
- Experience in analysing data and information to track regulatory developments and detect and evaluate change.
- Demonstrated skills in using a range of research-related computer applications such as i2 Analyst Notebook, Excel, Tableau and Power BI.
- Demonstrated experience preparing meaningful analytical reports.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills as evidenced by written reports and presentations.
This opportunity will ideally suit someone with previous intelligence or evaluation experience in a regulatory environment or someone with experience analysing information and data to monitor and detect change.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent relevant experience in analysis, regulatory intelligence, evaluation, project management, or compliance-related field.
- Compliance with the Mining, Exploration and Geoscience Group’s Integrity Clearance policy is mandatory, and a condition of engagement for staff engaged.
- Compliance with the Mining, Exploration and Geoscience Group’s Pecuniary Interests in the Regulated Sector policy is mandatory.
For more information on NSW Mining Exploration and Geoscience please click on ‘Work for Us’ page.
Why work for Department of Regional NSW (DRNSW)?
Exciting career pathways and opportunities
We offer vibrant and exciting career paths for people from a wide range of backgrounds and skills. Once you join the NSW Government, you’ll be supported to develop your skills and expertise through ongoing training, and opportunities to move easily from role to role, and agency to agency across the entire NSW government.
Providing a safe, supportive, ethical, diverse and inclusive workplace for our people is one of our priorities. We run a variety of programs and provide a range of supporting resources to ensure the wellbeing of all our people.
Join DRNSW and you’ll be joining a team of more than 4,000 passionate people spread across a diverse range of disciplines and functions including – public works, land services, fisheries, agriculture and biosecurity. If you’re motivated and passionate about making a difference to the people of regional NSW we invite you to become part of our story.
All applications must be submitted online and should include your current resume and a cover letter telling us why you’re a great fit.
Applications close on Sunday 31st October, 2021 at 11.00pm.
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.