NSW Government Regional and Outer Metropolitan
Over the next 40 years, Sydney’s population is projected to swell to over 12 million residents and regional NSW will accommodate an extra 700,000 people. Transport for NSW is delivering an unprecedented $72.2b investment into a truly game changing Future Transport strategy which will bring together several modes and cutting edge technologies to deliver satisfaction and safety for our customers while supporting a rapidly growing economy.
Community and Place leads engagement with NSW regional communities and stakeholders to champion their needs and achieve integrated community outcomes. The Community Partnering team is focused on engaging with the community, industry and local council stakeholders to gain insight into their local needs, manage relationships and deliver safety and transport outcomes which suit those communities now and into the future.
Right now, we have an opportunity for a Project Manager (Temporary Full Time until June 2023) to join the Community and Place branch. The role will see you deliver and manage multiple complex projects within clearly defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints and provides expert advice to facilitate the delivery of strategic priorities, drive efficiency and improve business and customer outcomes.
The position is part of the NSW Government roll out the 16 Regional Cities Services Improvement Program which is a commitment to improving public transport services throughout regional NSW. Improvements to regional bus services will aim to provide better connections to where customers need to go for work, schools, health, and social and recreational activities.
What you will be involved in
- Develop, implement and manage a portfolio of complex projects and programs including developing business cases and project plans, establishing appropriate governance, and meeting reporting requirements to achieve outcomes and meet requirements.
- Drive end-to end process improvements and establish clear pathways to achieve improved customer and business outcomes across various TfNSW business units and key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders by gaining a thorough understanding of their technical and business requirements and using effective communication and liaison skills to provide advice on relevant projects.
The role will be based at Parkes (Orange & Dubbo) location.
We are looking for an operational and strategic Project Manager, looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your end-to-end project management experience with a track record in delivering complex, large scale projects.
It will be highly beneficial to have excellent written communication and influential skills, including the ability to consult, deliver and engage with a wide range of audiences within the community.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to create your own success where your contribution will be truly valued and positively impact communities across regional NSW.
Want to know more?
Right now is an exciting time to join our team as we deliver an iconic $72.2 billion investment into future transport infrastructure and services over 40 years.
Be a part of something big. Apply today to register your interest!
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us.
We are the community we serve
We are committed to being an inclusive, diverse and flexible workplace where differences are valued. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experience and abilities.
We enable our people to work in ways that work for them and their teams. Working virtually and from different locations including regional locations, staggering work hours and job sharing are just some of the ways our people can work flexibly.
Please contact the Talent Specialist if you require any adjustments to be made to how you interact with us throughout the recruitment process or would like to discuss flexible work options.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is TfNSW Grade 9 ($138,670 – $155,309) per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and address the questions within the application.
- What about this role has caught your interest? Considering the role description, describe a relevant experience you have which you believe would make you the ideal candidate?
- Describe your significant achievement in a similar role?
- Please outline your salary expectations and notice period?
For any enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Close date: 11:59pm Sunday, 12th December 2021.
All Transport workers are required to have:
- at least one dose of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine by 6 December 2021 and two doses by 7 February 2022; or
- an approved medical contraindication.
You will be required to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status or apply for a medical exemption prior to securing this role.