- Ongoing (permanent) full time role
- Location – Regional NSW (we have offices in most regional locations)
- Attractive salary from $131,094 to $151,609 + super (Clerk Grade 11/12)
Diversity and inclusion are core values of the Department of Regional NSW. We encourage applications from people with a range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. This includes differences in culture, gender, sexual orientation, language and disability status or other attributes. The Department of Regional NSW is a workplace where everyone is able to contribute and participate to their full potential, and we are proud to have a team that reflects the richness and complexity of the regional NSW communities we serve.
About the role
- This exciting role is responsible for leading strategic policy for DPI Agriculture, including leading a team of senior policy officers
- Developing and implementing evidence-based strategic primary industry policy and legislative options and solutions
- Liaising extensively with other divisions within the Department and state government agencies.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience working across a range of policy issues, with demonstrated ability to quickly build a working knowledge of legislation and policy settings affecting primary industries in NSW
- Senior relationship management, stakeholder engagement and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated strategic planning, policy/legislative development and implementation and extensive project management experience
- Demonstrated ministerial and parliamentary experience including strong political nous and in-depth understanding of decision-making processes.
- Demonstrated financial management and budgeting experience
- Demonstrated experience in risk management and corporate governance
- Experience managing a high performing team.
The Department of Regional NSW (DRNSW) was formed in April 2020 as a central agency for regional issues. At the Department, we are focused on creating a liveable, inclusive and sustainable New South Wales with thriving natural environments and strong primary industries. We are the stewards of our state’s physical and environmental assets – both natural and built – and we work hard every day to ensure New South Wales continues to flourish.
Why work for Department of Regional NSW?
Exciting career pathways and opportunities
We offer vibrant and exciting career paths for people from a wide range of backgrounds and skills. Once you join the NSW Government, you’ll be supported to develop your skills and expertise through ongoing training, and opportunities to move easily from role to role, and agency to agency across the entire NSW government.
Providing a safe, supportive, ethical, diverse and inclusive workplace for our people is one of our priorities. We run a variety of programs and provide a range of supporting resources to ensure the wellbeing of all our people.
Join DRNSW and you’ll be joining a team of more than 4,000 passionate people spread across a diverse range of disciplines and functions including – public works, land services, fisheries, agriculture and biosecurity. If you’re motivated and passionate about making a difference to the people of regional NSW we invite you to become part of our story.
Applying for the role
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, simply submit a cover letter and current resume outlining your experience and capabilities relevant to the role.
If you would like to hear more about this role, please contact Dianna Watkins – Dianna.email@example.com.
For more information please view the full role description.
Applications close 11:55pm, Sunday the 3rd of July 2022
A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing and temporary roles of the same standard that may become available for filling over the next 18 months.