Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
The pool compliance officer is responsible for conducting swimming pool inspections to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Swimming Pool Act and the Public Health Act. The position will also administer and enforce the various Acts and Regulations under which Council is required to function, consult and educate relevant stakeholders in relation to the these matters.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Issue certificates of Compliance;
- Coordinate and implement a swimming pool compliance program;
- Undertake inspection of public swimming pools for compliance with Public Health requirements;
- Facilitate increased awareness of pool safety requirements across the Local Government area; and
- Ensure proactive engagement with the swimming pool industry, pool operators, developers, builders, real estate industry, contractors and other stakeholders and the wider community with the objective of facilitating the ongoing protection of public health and safety.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum Certificate III / Trade Certificate in building, construction or equivalent in related discipline;
- Ability to engage stakeholders and strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- High level computer literacy, report writing and administration skills;
- Ability to operate with a high level of autonomy and decision making capabilities; and
- Previous experience and demonstrated ability to interpret legislation and policy.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will be motivated, proactive and have strong attention to detail. Additionally you will have a high level of demonstrated administration skills and value the opportunity to work with and educate members of the community.
You will be a team player who continually looks for positive ways to contribute to team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria and inherent requirements which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $59,655-$69,329 per annum plus superannuation. A 2.0% award increase will be applied effective July 2022.
Closing Date: 9:00am Monday 4 July 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Manager Environmental Compliance on 6801 4630.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume and copies of applicable qualifications.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.(Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)