• Become a Part Time Casual Teacher at a world class education provider
• Multiple Part-time casual positions at Armidale, Bathurst, Broken Hill, Cowra, Dubbo, Lithgow, Orange, Forbes, Narrabri, Glen Innes, Tenterfield and Tamworth
• $83 per hour
TAFE NSW is the largest skills and training provider in Australia, and one of the largest in the world. We partner with industry to deliver relevant, high quality, practical training to equip the workforce of tomorrow, and to help grow the NSW economy.
TAFE NSW is looking for qualified, experienced individuals who wish to be considered for Part Time Casual Teaching opportunities in Beauty Therapy in the TAFE NSW West region. The role of the TAFE teacher as a professional educator is to help, construct, guide and enhance the educative process. The teacher delivers educational programs and facilitates learning, enabling students to achieve their desired outcomes.
We are looking for experienced professionals in all areas of the beauty industry.
You will love this opportunity if you enjoy sharing your experience and passion for the Beauty Therapy industry You will use your knowledge and experience to educate students from a range of backgrounds to achieve their goals and start or further their career in the beauty industry. You will have good computer skills and a willingness and capacity to travel. Skills in lash extensions is desirable, but not essential.
• Diploma of Beauty Therapy, or Cert III in Makeup, or Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy, or Certificate III in Nail Technology.
• Minimum of 3 years industry experience relevant to the beauty qualification you hold (post qualification experience), and can demonstrate this.
• Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or a Diploma or higher-level qualification in adult education.
• Comprehensive current knowledge of the industry and job roles and strong understanding of current trends and diversity within the beauty industry.
• Demonstrated organisational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Great team player who will strive to achieve success for your students.
Part Time Casual Teacher Suitability Lists are maintained to ensure that there is a sufficient number of appropriately qualified and experienced persons who can be engaged as a part time casual teacher. Offers of employment are dependent on availability of work during the period that the list is valid. Please note that placement on a suitability list does not constitute an offer of employment, nor does it guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
How to Apply
For your application to be considered, please..
• Attach an up to date resume
• Click ‘Apply now’ where you are required to answer short answer questions
• Attach responses to two targeted questions (max 300 words each)
Applications close Wednesday 4 August 2021 at 11:59 pm
Role Enquiries – Please contact Matt McAllister via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 6773 7780
Recruitment Enquiries – Kate Pickett, Talent Acquisition Advisor email@example.com
As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance. For permanent positions you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. For temporary positions, it is generally acceptable for you to have a current visa that allows you to work in Australia.
TAFE NSW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
We encourage applications from people with a disability and will make any reasonable adjustment that you need both in the interview process and on the job – if you need assistance or if you have any questions in relation to the recruitment or application process please Kate Pickett via firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Application Responses
Targeted Questions (max 300 words per response)
1) Provide an overview of your experience and any specialty areas within the beauty industry, and what motivates you to become a teacher at TAFE NSW.
2) Working within a teaching section at TAFE NSW you are required to communicate effectively within a diverse range of students and stakeholders to provide quality outcomes for all. Please provide a recent example of when you have operated successfully in this way.