NSW Government NSW Rural Fire Service
Operational Training Officer
This opportunity offers:
- Ongoing employment (2 roles available)
- Full Time role & 35 hour working week
- Attractive annual salary $88,672 – $97,841 p.a. plus 10% superannuation
- Location: State Training Academy, Dubbo.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Close to public transport and parking
This role sits within the Operational Training unit within Training and Doctrine, implementing programs and processes to enhance operational training capabilities across the NSW Rural Fire Service. Developing and delivering capability training packages based on a continuous improvement approach.
As our ideal candidate, you will have experience in:
- Dedication to empowering our membership through training and professional development programmes
- Attention to detail in designing fit for purpose training programs
- A positive attitude to and strong commitment to enable a positive customer experience
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please access the role description.
Looking for more information?
Why not reach out to our role expert Fiona Westcott for a confidential chat on 0418 968 483
If you’re interested in joining the NSW RFS:
You will need to submit your application via I Work for NSW, including
- A cover letter addressing the essential requirements of the role, outlining your suitability and why you are interested in the opportunity
- A resume which includes two current referees
- Response to the two targeted questions below (max. 300 words per question)
- Provide an example of when you had to carefully plan and prioritise work in order to get the most important things done in an environment where there was insufficient rime or resources to do everything you would have liked to do. Include the situation, the actions you took and the result achieved.
- Describe a scenario where you have been required to liaise with multiple agencies/stakeholders to develop a training initiative or program. What were the key areas you focussed on and what deliverables were you able to achieve?
Please submit your application no later than 11:59pm Thursday 23 December 2021.
- The NSW RFS considers COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for staff members. You will be required to provide satisfactory evidence that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencement with the NSW RFS. Medical Exemptions are only available if you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical contraindications. All applications for a medical exemption will be managed in accordance with the NSW RFS COVID vaccination policy.
- We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and actively promote the employment of women, people with a disability, Aboriginal people, LGBTQI+ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- The recruitment process may involve a range of assessment activities to determine your capabilities for the role (aligning to the NSW PSC Capability Framework). Additional checks for successful applicants will include referee checks and criminal history checks.
- A recruitment (talent) pool may be created through this recruitment process.
Learn more about how NSW RFS members support communities across NSW below:
Vacancy Reference: 21/153