NSW Rural Fire Service
This opportunity offers:
– Ongoing employment
– Full time role & 35 hour working week
– Attractive annual salary $75,119 – $82,251 p.a. plus 10.5% superannuation
– Location: Dubbo
– Ongoing learning and development
Our Aviation Officers undertake and support functions associated with the NSW RFS aerial firefighting, airborne intelligence and aviation rescue capabilities. This includes, working to support the implementation of programs, undertaking operations and assisting to ensure the currency of operational members and specialist equipment serviceability.
The role undertakes aviation rescue and airborne intelligence duties as an Aviation Rescue Crew Officer within an aircrew on a helicopter and airborne scanning operations in fixed wing aircraft.
The role supports the delivery of training and assessment activities to ensure NSW RFS members achieve and maintain required competencies relating to aerial intelligence systems, aviation rescue and aerial insertion duties.
As our ideal candidate, you will have experience in:
– Undertaking aviation rescue duties as an Aviation Rescue Crew Officer and hold the National Qualification of Certificate III Aviation (Rescue Crew Officer) or willingness to obtain.
– Airborne intelligence systems, aerial observation, or Air Attack Supervision (or equivalent expertise) or a willingness to obtain.
– Flying and operating as part of an aircrew in small fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft.
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please access the role description (attached).
Looking for more information?
Why not reach out to our role expert Chris Ryder, Manager Operational Field Support, for a confidential chat on 0418 139 196.
If you’re interested in joining the NSW RFS:
You will need to submit your application via I Work for NSW, including
– A cover letter addressing the essential requirements of the role, outlining your suitability and why you are interested in the opportunity
– A resume which includes two current referees
Please submit your application no later than 11:59pm Sunday 21 August 2022.
– The NSW RFS considers COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for staff members. You will be required to provide satisfactory evidence that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencement with the NSW RFS. Medical Exemptions are only available if you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical contraindications. All applications for a medical exemption will be managed in accordance with the NSW RFS COVID vaccination service standard.
– We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and actively promote the employment of women, people with a disability, Aboriginal people, LGBTQI+ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
– The recruitment process may involve a range of assessment activities to determine your capabilities for the role (aligning to the NSW PSC Capability Framework). Additional checks for successful applicants will include referee checks and criminal history checks.
– A recruitment (talent) pool may be created through this recruitment process.