Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
The Natural Resources Officer is to assist the Liveability Operations team in providing beneficial and cost efficient weed/pest management and biosecurity functions to the Local Government Area of Dubbo Regional Council.
The successful applicant will be required to attend an intensive three day course on Biosecurity legislation.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Assist in providing weed and pest species management
- Maintain Council’s Parks and Landcare assets
- Respond to public enquiries, complaints and requests
- Assist the Team Leader with coordination of worksite activities
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Certificate III in weed or natural resource management field or working towards
- Demonstrated experience in the management of general Biosecurity Duty
- Demonstrated high level communication, inter-personal and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in writing reports and collecting evidence for presentation to courts of law in NSW in regard to Biosecurity Matter.
You will have experience in working with natural weed/pest management. You are physically fit and enjoy working in the outdoors. You are a motivated team member who is able to take direction and have demonstrated civil infrastructure experience. You will have the ability to coordinate and conduct volunteer activities when required.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre-employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $59,655 – $69,329 per annum plus superannuation and an industry allowance.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 25 October 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Manager Operations – 6801 4710
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you are ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)