Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
The Manager Infrastructure Delivery is responsible for the delivery of Council’s infrastructure works program in the key areas of roads, bridges, stormwater drainage and footpaths / cycleways. You will have the opportunity to deliver on major projects and will oversee the provision of project management services for the delivery of construction projects to other operational areas of Council as well as external entities. As a member of Council’s Senior Leadership Team, you will play a pivotal role in creating community for today and tomorrow.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Liaise, develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Deliver projects and services to meet community needs
- Lead, coach, mentor and work with a large diverse team
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience in the project management of civil engineering projects and programs.
- Ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external, to achieve positive outcomes whilst maintaining good teamwork and interpersonal skills in a changing work environment.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and contract management skills with the ability to organise and manage conflicting work priorities.
- Highly developed leadership and communication skills, further supported by skills in negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Extensive work history and demonstrated performance at management level within a demanding and diverse organisation.
Council is looking for an influential leader to join our Infrastructure division. You will be a team player who continually shows positive leadership and drives engagement to build a team culture of high performance and effective stakeholder relationships.
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced, qualified and strategic Engineer who has highly developed interpersonal and people management skills. You will possess the ability to drive a high performance culture. You will be able to balance managing day to day operational matters whilst also delivering on Council’s infrastructure works program. You are experienced with building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders and will have an unwavering commitment to working to meet the goals and objectives for the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Salary: Total Remuneration Package $137,923 to $186,602. A 2.0% award increase will be applied effective July 2022. A leaseback vehicle is available.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 27 June 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Director Infrastructure, Luke Ryan on 6801 4800
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume and copies of applicable qualifications.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.(Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)