Department of Regional NSW
- Fulltime Ongoing opportunity
- Located in Sunny Dubbo NSW
- Full time salary starting from $131,094 + super (Clerk Grade 11/12)
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees, and people with disability. We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services. We provide dignified access to reasonable adjustments both during the recruitment process and in the workplace. If you require reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process, please email the contact for this role.
Mining, Exploration and Geoscience (MEG) is a part of Department of Regional NSW (DRNSW), and sets strategic policy for the state’s mineral and energy resources, gathers, analyses and disseminates geoscientific information, and assesses and determines applications for mineral and petroleum titles for exploration activities and extractive uses.
At MEG we understand that work can be one of the biggest parts of people’s lives and we are building a team that has inclusion and passion at the heart of everything we do ensuring DRNSW’s values, social initiatives and culture resonate with our evolution and constant growth.
The opportunity has come for an experienced and dedicated Manager to lead the development, management and implementation of a range of products and platforms across MEG to promote and support MEG’s goal of being the number one mining investment destination in Australia.
Working as our new Manager Engagement you will:
- Lead the development of digital content and technical publications and manage the delivery of high-quality materials that are innovative, effective and achieve NSW Government and department objectives and inform, influence and engage audiences
- Embed appropriate systems, policies and procedures to optimise outputs and enhance the accuracy, responsiveness and appropriateness of publications
- Work in partnership with business units and the Corporate Communications and Engagement team to ensure delivery aligns with the broader organisational objectives and priorities
- Lead the provision of advice to achieve business objectives and support cultural change.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or equivalent, relevant professional experience and training
- Compliance with pre-employment probity screening is mandatory and a condition of engagement
Why work for Department of Regional NSW (DRNSW)?
Exciting career pathways and opportunities
We offer vibrant and exciting career paths for people from a wide range of backgrounds and skills. Once you join the NSW Government, you’ll be supported to develop your skills and expertise through ongoing training, and opportunities to move easily from role to role, and agency to agency across the entire NSW government.
Providing a safe, supportive, ethical, diverse and inclusive workplace for our people is one of our priorities. We run a variety of programs and provide a range of supporting resources to ensure the wellbeing of all our people.
Join DRNSW and you’ll be joining a team of more than 4,000 passionate people spread across a diverse range of disciplines and functions including – public works, land services, fisheries, agriculture and biosecurity. If you’re motivated and passionate about making a difference to the people of regional NSW we invite you to become part of our story.
All applications must be submitted online and should include your current resume and a cover letter telling us why you’re a great fit.
Applications close on Sunday 24th October, 2021 at 11.00pm
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.
Please note that NSW Government expects all NSW government sector employees who can be safely vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine to do so.