Commercial & Corporate
- Temporary position for an initial term of 24 months
- This position has the opportunity to be located across either our Coffs Harbour, Armidale, Dubbo or Queanbeyan offices
- While we work flexibly, there will be an expectation that you will live within a reasonable distance to one of the above locations to frequent the office minimum 2-3 days per week
- Salary from $113,343 to $124,901 plus Superannuation, Leave Loading and Flex
Our Department is responsible for building resilient regional economies and communities, strengthening primary industries, managing the use of regional land, overseeing the state’s mineral and mining resources and ensuring government investment in regional NSW is fair and delivers positive outcomes for local communities and businesses.
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees, and people with disability. We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services. We provide dignified access to reasonable adjustments both during the recruitment process and in the workplace. If you require reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process, please call or text the contact for this role.
Public Works (PW) is part of the Department of Regional NSW (DRNSW), and supports local and state government agencies to deliver critical infrastructure initiatives by providing expert advisory, planning, design, delivery and support services. There’s nothing abstract about what we do. Just look around. Our work is in the hospitals, dams, water treatment plants and high schools – the real foundations of prosperous communities. Every day we help shape the ambitious projects that bring progress to more people in NSW. From forging a more sustainable relationship with the land around us, to engineering the big ideas of the future. In every challenge we see the chance to build stronger and more connected communities. We do this by developing solutions that show creativity and grassroots ingenuity, providing impartial advice and support at all levels of government and the private sector, and partnering with experts to maximise the benefits of our knowledge and experience.
In PW offices all over the state, you’ll find local expertise for local issues. We uncover the best talent, scrutinise cost and risk, and bridge the gap between private sector and government. By managing these nuances, projects we work on don’t just get done, they become benchmarks others aspire to.
About the role
As a member of the Account Management and Client Engagement team at Public Works, you will:
- be responsible for advancing the client process, holding PW client managers accountable for engagements and capturing information
- Managing opportunity and client data and presenting actionable insights, and supporting proactive automated and non-automated CRM-driven client outreach activities
- You will provide transparency of overall PW activities related to each key account, across all levels of both PW and the assigned key account, and embed a systematic approach to capturing critical information
- Build relationships internally to follow up colleagues across the business to document activity and opportunities
- You will also support Strategic Relationship Managers (Account Management) and Senior Client Growth Managers (Business Development) to ensure client meeting rhythms and internal discussions are scheduled and held
To be successful in this role, our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrate performance in relationship management and sales operations roles in commercial environments, preferably in the construction and engineering sector
- Experience in roles directly responsible for Office 365 CRM, Salesforce or other platforms and fully proficient in these tools
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills including facilitation skill with exceptional ability to influence
- Strong digital, data manipulation and commercial acumen
- Previous experience in sales or business development environments
- Current NSW Drivers Licence and willingness to drive to and work in remote locations which may include overnight stays.
If you have the capability to achieve success in this role and are interested in creating a more prosperous NSW, we would love to hear from you!
Applying for the role
Apply by submitting a current resume and brief cover letter that outlines your skills and experience relevant to the role.
Additionally, if you would like to hear more about this role please contact Sam Thomas, Director Business Operations at email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday 26 May 2022 at 11:55pm
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.
If you are viewing this advertisement on LinkedIn, please click ‘Apply’ to access more information about this role via the I Work for NSW website.
All Department of Regional NSW employees are required:
- To be fully vaccinated of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine and; or
- an approved ongoing medical contraindication.
You will be required to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status or apply for a medical exemption prior to securing a role.