Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
In this position you will have the opportunity to work as part of a team in the Infrastructure Delivery Branch providing beneficial and cost efficient civil maintenance and construction works for the Dubbo Regional Council Local Government area. This includes labouring duties as well as general plant operation.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Undertake civil works duties including but not limited to, traffic control, pot hole patching, heavy patching, road construction/maintenance, minor sealing works, footpath work, pipe laying, concrete work and linemarking
- Work part of a team to deliver civil projects to the community
- Drive and operate machinery
- Carry out works in accordance with the Work Health and Safety Act and Council’s Policies and Procedures.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Demonstrated experience and skills in civil infrastructure related works such as plant operation, road construction and maintenance.
- Competent truck driving skills for a truck in the range up to 8t.
- Physical fitness to undertake the inherent requirements of the job.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Class MR Drivers License.
You will be physically fit, reliable and love working outdoors. You will enjoy working in an environment that is varied and provides the opportunity to multi-skill in a variety of civil works projects.
You will be a team player who looks for positive ways to contribute to team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $52, 417 – $60, 916 per annum plus superannuation and an industry allowance.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 2 August 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Operations Coordinator East on 6840 6410
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)