NSW Fire Service
This field based role coordinates and supports the use of ICT infrastructure and operational communications systems and procedures across the NSW RFS. This involves assisting in the coordination and planning of field based logistical, tactical and strategic communication support and infrastructure services to provide NSW RFS members with consistent, reliable and effective systems and procedures.
This role is responsible for providing ICT service to our Districts located in the Western Area NSW, with a primary base of operation in Dubbo. Applicants must be willing to undertake frequent travel within Western NSW.
- Provide guidance and direction to support local ICT infrastructure and operational communication, system requirements including technical support, internal and external stakeholder engagement and system design.
- Work with members to ensure ICT infrastructure and operational communication systems are implemented appropriately, utilised and maintained effectively.
- Provide ICT infrastructure and operational communication system focused, logistical and/or technical support to incident related activities as and when required.
- Proactively identify and implement system and software enhancements to enable improved service quality and best practice delivery and increase organisational cyber security maturity.
- Audit supplier and contractor activities to ensure all works are undertaken in accordance with requirements, polices, guidelines and standards.
Further key accountabilities are outlined in the attached role description.
- A Diploma in a relevant discipline or equivalent relevant expertise.
- Current drivers licence, ability and willingness to travel.
- Required to participate on an after-hours and/or on call roster.
- Ability and willingness to complete operational training to a supervisory level for field operations.
- During periods of major fire activity, the incumbent may be required to support operational management activities consistent with their skills and background.
- A recruitment (talent) pool may be created through this recruitment process. A recruitment (talent) pool is a group of applicants who have been assessed and identified as suitable for this role or similar roles, and who may be considered for a range of similar roles, including temporary or ongoing roles, over the next 18 months.
Key Application Responses
1. Demonstrate your experience in managing a range of matters on a daily basis, including supervision of works, engaging with operational stakeholders, and preparation and oversight of technical specifications. (maximum 500 words)
2. Please tell us about a time when you were responsible for the maintenance of ICT infrastructure? What did you do? How did you report on it? (maximum 500 words)